RocketDock ?

Associate
I love rocket dock it gives me a reason for not needing a mac as I get the convenience of a dock and retain a pc at no extra cost. Not really sure how I set it up, but it must be pretty easy as I'm a pc noob. There should be a dock settings thing on the dock itself. I'm sure someone else can elaborate further.

Soldato
Love it. Means I can have a nice tidy row of icons without desktop clutter. This is how I have it set up. Minimal mouse over zoom, icons set to 50% opacity and 100% opacity on mouse over.

Untitled-1-10.jpg

Associate
how do you get the opacity to change on mouse over? can you do this without there being an effect where the icon pops up?

Soldato
Love it, have it on my 2nd monitor for doing things quickly on the side while performing primary tasks on my main monitor. When you first load it up there should be a settings icon on the dock which is easy to fiddle with, and adding icons is as simple as drag and drop. Adds a bit of time to bootup, but worth it imo. You can adjust opacity, size, what sort of effect mouse-over has etc through the settings icon so have a fiddle with it to see what you like. I only have a few benchmark apps and other things I use on a semi-regular basis so I have mine quite large to compensate.

Associate
The only problem I've got on Win 7 is every now and then it doesn't load properly, so I end the process and start it again. Get a message saying it had trouble loading my icons last time. So will just changethe icons when I can be bothered lol

Associate
Does it still minimise the dock when you minimise to desktop? Was the reason I uninstalled it.

Yes! This is incredibly annoying. You can get around this using the "minimize all" shortcut (win+M) rather than "show desktop" shortcut (win+D)... but it's hard to break the habit.

The reason why I use this in place of desktop icons is because of the stacks docklet. There's also a version 2, though I'm not sure what the difference is. Anyone else use this?

Back
Top Bottom