What was your first Car??

Associate
A 1989 MK3 Fiesta Popular Plus. A whopping 1.1 litres of pure nothing coupled to 4 on the floor. I won some XR2 alloys off ebay for £30 :D I also put a K&N cone on :cool: and a Ripspeed exhaust tip :( I was young and with my blinged up Fezza a total babe magnet.

Associate
1982 jetta 1.6 in bright yellow :D , was a very umm different first car and my friends used to take the **** out of it and call it the yellow ferrari because it was so slow. Nice thing was because it was in South Africa and you dont have to have insurance i never got it so insurance was free :D

Associate
Had a new company 1.8 vectra first (crap but went well when hammered), first car I owned just before turning 18 was a 1.6S Mk3 Ford Capri obviously :)

Race cam etc etc once upon it's time in it's life - I bought it from a srapmetal dealer for £120 with a full mot (above board too) and ran it for a year until the mot was due. It would have probably passed had it not **** it's diff 20 miles from home just before it was due. Proceeded to drive it home grinding away at 15 miles an hour! Insurance was £800 for a 10 month bonus accelerator policy from elephant.

Loved that car and all it's quibbles. Dash lights didn't workwhen I bought it then one day some months down the line I pulled in a layby late at night to take a leak and when I turned round the car was glowing - weird - but worked flawlessy after that.

Soldato
A 1983 Mk1 Fiesta PopPlus 950cc with a slipping clutch. If I had passengers with me I had to boot them out before attempting any kind of uphill movement.

Now that was a slow car!

Happy days :)

Soldato

£250, £450 TPFT to insure at 24

respect! :cool:

First car was a Mk3 Fiesta, 1.1 petrol just kicked in yo! canny little car, but I ddint really like it it was so slowwwwwwwww! I still had it when I bought my second car and swapping between the two was painful.

my lass has jsut bought a '99 skoda felicia 1.3 as her first car, she loves it. By far the cheapest car to insure out of all the usual suspects. (nothing to do with the fact I have the 1.6 pickup version)

Soldato
2006 Fiesta
kapilpatel86-3.jpg

Sucks, well, it was good, but the 1.25 was a real struggle on the A/B roads to university. Since it got stolen in 2008 got a 2003 Passat for a good price (at the time!) as I didnt want to spend as much on another tin can. That... is my car history! :(

Last edited:
Soldato
1989 Audi 100E 2.3 5cyl.
as barges go it must be the most true to the name, looked, drove and handled like one.
its only redeeming features were its comfy seats and the noise of the 5cyl engine!
still cant get over how ugly it was but it was my first wheels and cant help but have a soft spot for it.

Associate
Peugeot 205 1.1 with 71K on the clock. Bought it for £500 in Oct 2006 to learn to drive in it with my mum, stopped learning to drive for a while in April 2007 and the MOT was due in the following May too. Car was off the road until May 2008 when I finally passed my test & it cost me £245 to pass it through the MOT :eek: Also cost me £1500 a year TPFT on my own insurance!

Mechanically it was an excellent first car, but electric windows & locks were shocking - drivers electric window regulator had packed it & the window basically fell down the door one day lol. The passenger one was ok and the central locking was more than likely on its way out too as you had to keep making sure that the rear doors were locked properly by physically pushing down the lock on the doors (as far as I know there were not many 205's with 4 door central locking - only on the very late models I think??). I never serviced the 205 during the time I owned it but the car did only break down once because the fan belt snapped, and that is it. It just kept on going.

Sold it on last year.

Liam

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom