What was your first Car??

Soldato
Was given a BX19rd by my parents when i was 17 as it wouldn't start and they had just got a new car, anyhow fixed it and the insurance would have been 2k a year! needless to say it never left the drive until it was eventually given to a scrap yard.

Soldato
1.8 xsara vtr. not fast, you have to rag it to make any progress but i love it and it's got comfy leather seats :p

No, in all honestly its a fine car and i picked it up for a good price. Few marks on the bodywork but otherwise great nick for a 10 year old car :)

Man of Honour
Some of hte people here that say that their 1st cars sucked, I'd have given my left arm to have a first car similar to what you had! Consider yourself lucky and be grateful you weren't born 10-20 years earlier! :p

Associate
I had a D reg (would that be 86?) Vaxhall Astra. It was White, 3 doors and 1.2 litres of raw power!

Some of you lot have had some really nice first cars and I wonder if it makes you appreciate having a nice motor less than those that had to drive a right bowker as a first car.

Soldato
This

3553956115_178cc04968_o.jpg

No, not a GTI but a mildly fettled 1.4 XS. Rebuilt, rejetted Twin Choke Carb, Euro-Spec Rallye Camshaft and a 4-2-1 manifold, all topped off with a lovely leather interior from a 309 goodwood. The close ratio gearbox and twin choke made it feel a bit faster than it really was (I thought this felt quicker than the V8 5 series I occasionally drove after passing). Brilliant car, well looked and so much "nicer" to drive than the GTI. Everything felt lighter, the steering, the clutch, the gear changes were beautiful (rather than the stick in concrete feeling you get in the GTI).

Unfortunately I parked it up 5 months ago when I bought my GTI, and haven't touched it since. Until yesterday when I began gutting it for parts to put in the GTI. A real shame seeing as how it started first time desipte being laid up for all those months it started first time, and that there is literally nothing wrong with it, but the interior is probably worth more than the rest of the car in its current state and a nice GTI is always going to be worth more than a nice XS. I'll probably stick it in the lock up soon to rot :(.

Soldato
I don't think I have a single picture of my first car :confused:

2002 Reg Clio, immaculate for the price, one previous lady owner that bought it new. In all those years, never a failed MOT and money threw at it whenever needed. In my year and a half ownership I've not had a single issue. MOT passed and services went without any hassle.

Best investment I've made.

Maz

Maz

Soldato
K reg Vauxhall Diastra 1.4 LS WITHOUT PAS!

Paid £900 from local auctions, ran it for 3 months and then passed it onto a family member who ran it for another 3 years.

Man of Honour
Citroen AX, for £80 :D used to learn in, was gone long before I passed my test :(

Ran like a dream, started first time everytime, even when I was away at uni for months at a time, came back started it first time. Never gave me an issue.

Came back from uni to find my dad had sold it to a banger racer for £50 :(

Caporegime
Came back from uni to find my dad had sold it to a banger racer for £50 :(

Lol reminds me of my grandad.

A few years ago my nan was getting ready to go out in the morning as usual and shes gone downstairs, couldn't find her car keys anywhere and her car was locked (was unusual as its private land). Shes found my Grandad and asked him wheres the keys and he just turned round with a dead pan face and said "I've sold it" :D

Soldato
1975 mini van.

Massive 850cc engine, custom paint job similar to the A-team van.
Paid £500 for it from an uncle of mine & it cost me £235 TPFT to insure it :D

I still have a picture of it somewhere, I'll load it later if I can find it & get it scaned at work.

Back
Top Bottom