Caprica

Soldato
Yeh Caprica is ok, but where can I get my fix of Sci-fi????? BSG was my first sci-fi series I have watched, my mate forced me to watch it and I really liked it.

Never liked Star Trek or crap like that, but whats good?

Associate
Caprica's a bit slow at the moment but hopefully it's just a case of laying the foundations before it picks up a bit.
+1 for firefly and farscape is also a pretty light and fun series but did get bogged down in ridiculousness after stark and some crazy one eyed lady were introduced.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure what to make of it... the first 2 episodes draw you in but then the action (so far) has dwindled and its mostly boring predictable drama. But as above it has the potential to lay the foundations for something more interesting so we'll have to wait and see.

Associate
This weeks episode was superb and the final scene was excellent, I feel the show has done it's legwork to set up the characters and give you a good impression of what they all want and the story can begin proper now, I only wish they would can that terrible opening sequence.

Soldato
Yeah it got interesting towards the last few eps but dunno if thats enough frankly.

I do miss the action, it seems to bring out the emotion and quality in the acting. Wasnt too impressed with Caprica and the city and technology and its visuals just seems too well earthy and no different theres no way it could be that frakin similar surely ?

I heard the next eps gonna show other colonies so should see a different side too it, I guess one of the biggest complaints of BSG was when it got too into politics/drama/religion but it was nice they backed off and focused more on the scifi/action :)

I hear SGU is more darker and similar more drama/charactor focused so will start that soon.

If anything smallvilles/supernaturals been renewed for there next seasons ;)

Soldato
started to watch the pilot but got bored, is it worth sticking with it and attempting to watch this again?

It could almost be regarding as a posh eastenders with robots thrown in, no action or explosions so its not a man man thing where you can sorta sit down and enjoy without thinking too much.

Its definatly a drama, Id suggest watching the 1st batch theres only been 7 eps so far.

If this show does get renewed which im not sure about I hope it doesnt go on for so many seasons something like this can only go on for 2-3 seasons, they could always show 10-20 years later etc. We all know that the original skin jobs from BSG will turn up also and will have major influence in Caprica but doubt thats enough.

Soldato
I'm a bit behind with TV - just watched episode 1 last night - thought it was good so I'll be watching more.

Soldato
Well it's such a shame, but caprica has been axed. I started watching it from the started and knew it wasn't going to be BSG and so I wasn't disapointed by it, I loved the story. It seems most people expected it to be as action heavy as BSG and were disapointed when it turned out not to be like that, and more story driven than action.

Remaining 5 episodes have been put off as well, rather than airing on the usual dates they have been pushed back to early 2011.

Man of Honour
Theres certainly a lot of potential to it, some of the deeper stuff, when combined with BSG does make you think a bit.

I think the basic premise of it could be re-used with a reboot quite effectively with the right writer(s).

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom