Titan Khaos - i3 SSD system

Associate
I'm thinking of taking the plunge on this pre-built system from OC. Having a look through all of the builds, this one seems to be right in the sweet spot for a balance between value and performance.

I went for a couple of extras to bring it in at around £850:

50700271.jpg

I assume this build is pretty new on the site? It's got no reviews! I know OC just recently started to offer the water cooled systems.

Anyone bought one of these yet? Any thoughts? Main uses will be general net browsing, some recording, some gaming (FPS/RTS). I just want a nice machine that is rapid and reliable. This seems to fit the bill!

Associate
Hi Concubine,

This is a very new system hence no reviews, this is a good system and with the 40GB SSD from Intel it does run very quick. You will mainly find with the SSD you windows and game load times will improve considerably over a standard hard drive.

Phil

Associate
Is 40GB enough space for Win7 and say half a dozen games?

Why not I3? I ask because the OC'd I3 bundle is in my basket at the moment :)

Just the fact that the SSD in that system is only 40GB and I only have a few games and apps installed and im already at 80GB, so to me a 40GB SSD seems like a waste of time. So I recommended using the money spent on the SSD to move up to i5/i7, nothing wrong with i3 as such.

Associate
40GB SSD is designed for use to install the OS onto a a couple of your favourite games. It has a designated 500GB Media drive for storage of all your games etc.

Phil

Associate
OP
Maybe consider an i5/i7 system and ditch the SSD for now, plus the one it comes with is 40GB which is quite small.

I agree, 40GB is tiny - I have 150GB worth of MP3s alone! But the point is I can probably fit Windows and all the regularly used apps on there.

I think that an SSD for the OS would probably deliver more tangible performance boost than say an i5 or an i7. I'm not going to be doing anthing that processor heavy truth be told...

Associate
i agree, 40gb is plenty for your OS and a few favorite games, you can always add in another 1tb/500gb etc drive if you need more space :) nice system there, i like it

Soldato
I agree, 40GB is tiny - I have 150GB worth of MP3s alone! But the point is I can probably fit Windows and all the regularly used apps on there.

I think that an SSD for the OS would probably deliver more tangible performance boost than say an i5 or an i7. I'm not going to be doing anthing that processor heavy truth be told...

An SSD gives a huge boost to the "feel" of your PC, does not show on benchmarks or in anything you can really register but you would be surprised after using one how much you notice hard drive seek time. Clicking IE and it appearing instantly never gets boring.

Clocked i3 + decent VGA gives a i7 at the same clock speed with same graphics a run for its money in todays games, getting within only a couple of fps of the more expensive machine, add a SSD to the i3 and it would get my money over a i7 rig for gaming with a mechanical drive. :)

Back
Top Bottom