Setting the CPU+chassis fan BIOS profiles

Associate
I have this new GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard. I have connected the back and the CPU fan leads to the motherboard. The BIOS is controlling their speed.

However it seems its profile and algorith is stupid. It reacts immediately to temperature changes so while th machine is operating normally you get the impression someone's revving an engine all the time.

Is there a way to adjust the profile so (a) it reacts slower to changes and (b) it lets the CPU get hotter before jumping to full power? Currently the CPU is running at 25C and as soon as it rises 1 or 2 degrees the blasted thing goes into full power mode and then keeps oscillating thus.

Associate
I would have thought there must be. But if not disable the BIOS control and use speedfan to set your own profile.

Associate
OP
I cannot disable the BIOS control: I have two options, either "auto" in which case it behaves erratically (80% speed with no load and CPU temp of 29C !!) or "disabled" in which case it sets it to 100% speed...

Perhaps I can get a better Award BIOS image ?

Associate
Might be worth considering a BIOS upgrade, although it sounds like there should be other settings that you are missing. Are you sure there isn't any other sections that you haven't explored. I remember my Asus board had a load of the CPU stuff hidden in the overclocking tabs which had to be enabled before you could change any of the settings.

Back
Top Bottom