DDR3 1066 v 1333? Worth paying more on a limited budget?

Soldato
Reevaluating my build, and I'm wondering if I ought to spend the extra on 1333mhz or if 1066 will do.

I'll be getting 4gb, and computer will mainly be used for gaming (on a 5770). Really need to save some dosh, planning on just getting basic sticks with no coolers to save some money and I don't plan on OC'ing anyway.

Appreciate the input!

Associate
Hi there if you don't want to overclock buy the cheapest decent RAM you can find. So long as it's quality it will be fine, the difference between the best and the worst is MUCH less on the new Intel's.
But even before on older systems RAM was ALWAYS an expensive way to get performance you could get better speed by spending money elswhere.

RAM is for the very last few bits when everything else has been done, save your money or even better spend it on anything other than RAM and you will be a happy chappy.

Associate
1333 is definatly worth the extra 1066 is ddr2 speeds

Yes it is ddr2 speeds but it has virtually no difference on performance honestly, I have DDR3 2000 and I can run any tests to show what I mean it is easy for me to slow mine down and how I wish I had saved £250 and had the cheap stuff but I bought it for when I was interetsed in benchmarking and for syhthetic scores it is great real world you would need a stop watch to tell the difference now spend that money on something else and you would see a difference I could have bought a SSD 128GB instead of £350 on 6GB of RAM and still had change.

Back
Top Bottom