So, last night I finally got past the first level on...

Soldato
:) I started going through it again recently too.

Cannot wait for this mod to come out.

http://blackmesasource.com/

Yes! Can't wait for that myself!

I've actually promised myself, I won't play the original HL again until black mesa source is out because I want the experience to be fresh again.

Did anyone ever play the PC Gamer exclusive mod for HL they used to include on their magazine called "They Hunger"? I used to love that mod. For those who don't know, it was a single player mod that had you lost in this remote town that had been taken over by zombies (basically your typical horror zombie story) and you were fighting for survival. Probably one of the most atmospheric mods back in its day!

Soldato
:) I started going through it again recently too.

Cannot wait for this mod to come out.

http://blackmesasource.com/

I have been following black mesa source for a long time, and I can't help remembering this:
At the end of 2008, the devs said it was almost ready, it will be here real soon now.
At the end of 2009, the devs said it was almost ready, it will be here real soon now.

Now that Duke Nukem is gone, we have a replacement for vapourware champion.

Did anyone ever play the PC Gamer exclusive mod for HL they used to include on their magazine called "They Hunger"? I used to love that mod. For those who don't know, it was a single player mod that had you lost in this remote town that had been taken over by zombies (basically your typical horror zombie story) and you were fighting for survival. Probably one of the most atmospheric mods back in its day!

They Hunger was awesome. The team had been planning to remake it for the source engine, but decided to go commercial with it - I don't know what happened to that project.

Soldato
Can I plz be the first one to point out the irony of the thread, considering half-life was lauded when it came out for being the first FPS without actual levels, but a full world experience linked together by short loads...

Soldato
Yes! Can't wait for that myself!

I've actually promised myself, I won't play the original HL again until black mesa source is out because I want the experience to be fresh again.

Same here, I was going to buy the original on steam a long while back but then decided I'd wait for this mod instead and I'm still waiting :eek:.

Got a feeling its never going to be released. I guess its free so we cant complain but i just wish people wouldn't start these mods and post teasers and then not bring them out :(.

Associate
Similar for me but with HL2, for various reasons (usually me wiping my hard disk and forgettign the save games) I have never finished HL2, I have episode 1 and 2 also and really need to play the 3!

Associate
After hearing all about the greatness off this game i went ahead and got the HL:Source version seeing as i wanted better gfx's then what we had from the 90s, seeing as the old version did not support native widescreen resolution that was the main reason i went with the newer build, just hope this games gets me to finish off hl2 because i find the story and gameplay abit blend for my type of fps shooters.

Soldato
so let me get this straight?! there is a half-life source but everyone is still waiting for this black mesa source mod? .. .. .. have i got that right? lol

You did, but as we all know Half Life Source was nothing more than a token release from Valve, mostly used to supplement collector editions and such. Only difference you can see is the water effects really and coupled with old graphics makes for interesting contrast.

Soldato
I've got to thank HL1 for re-kindling my appreciation of PC games and subsequently improving my knowledge of PC hardware.

Up until I played this game (1999 I first played it) I hadn't really played any PC games for a few years - stuck to my Playstation.

But I installed this on my dad's computer and was blown away, I would even get up before college to play it! ......but it was far too slow

So off I go to buy a graphics card, find OcUK in the process and here I am now

Associate
I've got to thank HL1 for re-kindling my appreciation of PC games and subsequently improving my knowledge of PC hardware.

Up until I played this game (1999 I first played it) I hadn't really played any PC games for a few years - stuck to my Playstation.

But I installed this on my dad's computer and was blown away, I would even get up before college to play it! ......but it was far too slow

So off I go to buy a graphics card, find OcUK in the process and here I am now

Half Life was the first FPS I ever played!
I went out and bought my first GFX card a voodoo 2 because of this game and started building systems as a direct result.
I still get an amazing nostalgic fealing when I here "Welcome to Black Mesa....the top side temperature...etc..etc"

Best game ever made IMO

Soldato
I actually first played HL1 on console. I'm not sure which it was, i think it was PS2. So Ive not played it on PC yet, which is why i cant wait for this mod. Otherwise i might just get HL Source, although the gfx look really dated now so I'd rather not have to.

Back
Top Bottom