Physics multiplayer games

Soldato
What FPS physics games are available that allow you to do things like hide in houses that can be blown up and completely destroy structures?

BC2 allows a bit of this and loved Red Faction with its Geo-Mod but its a bit dated now.

I have played Garrys mod and enjoyed that and another game that was more like a graphics test. I cant remember the name of it but I think it was free. It allowed you to use a physics gun to pickup and throw things like pipes. You could also drive around in a jeep

Are there any other FPS games with a sort of advanced Geo-Mod for building destruction?

Soldato
It allowed you to use a physics gun to pickup and throw things like pipes. You could also drive around in a jeep

Sounds like Half Life 2 to me. Though I doubt the OP is talking about it.

By the way if you preorder metro 2033 on steam you get red faction: guerrilla for free. Seems a bit buggy on Win7 tho, although I have only tried to play it twice.

Soldato
OP
Is red faction guerrilla any good. I'm sure i played it once and it was either terrible or didnt work at all. Davola - It wasnt half life, it was something random like death match, think it was one of the first PhysX test games. There was some red cloth moving around and a stack of drain pipes that you could blast around

Associate
It's not really all that good. If it wasn't for Geo-Mod it would just be a very average 3rd person shooter. There's only so much a game can cover up poor gameplay with a decent physics model.

Soldato
OP
It's not really all that good. If it wasn't for Geo-Mod it would just be a very average 3rd person shooter. There's only so much a game can cover up poor gameplay with a decent physics model.

Thats the point though, when i played red faction online we would have groups of people not killing each other and just making big holes, tunnels and faces in the rock etc

Back
Top Bottom