Picture Mode: Standard
Brightness: 53
Contrast: 41
Sharpness: 3

Color Temperature: User Mode
Red: 98
Green: 85
Blue: 94

There is a bit of warmth creeping into the picture if I lower my head, but generally it looks great (apart from the stuck pixel). There is a little more ghosting visible than my FP241W used to produce, but generally I'm happy.

Soldato
Got mine unboxed and plugged in last night, all on default settings.

Looks really nice, haven't noticed any stuck pixels (will run a test on it tonight though) :)

Associate
These are my current settings:

Picture Mode: Standard
Brightness: 53
Contrast: 41
Sharpness: 3

Color Temperature: User Mode
Red: 98
Green: 85
Blue: 94

There is a bit of warmth creeping into the picture if I lower my head, but generally it looks great (apart from the stuck pixel). There is a little more ghosting visible than my FP241W used to produce, but generally I'm happy.

What happened to your FP241W? - Isn't that a better monitor?

Associate
What happened to your FP241W? - Isn't that a better monitor?
It's a few years old now. I bought my FP241W when they were £600, and I was hoping this new one would have a better response time, image quality and black levels.

The G2420HDBL does compete very well against my FP241W considering the price difference, the only two things that I don't like about the G2420HDBL is obviously my pixel defect and the effect the viewing angle has on the colours. Also, I like the fact that the G2420HDBL has a thin black frame, as opposed to my FP241W's grey, bulky one.

Associate
Have you maybe got a duff panel?
From the other comments it's definately in the minority...

Just saying, and I hope I'm right...mines came yesterday and will be settin it up tonight!

Associate
Have you maybe got a duff panel?
From the other comments it's definately in the minority...

Just saying, and I hope I'm right...mines came yesterday and will be settin it up tonight!

it's one of the best lcd monitors ive seen yet and makes the dell professional I had just before look far inferior, even my beloved hp w2207h doesn't compare to the richness of the screen and colours

Associate
Does everyone else have less contrast on colors at the bottom of the screen than the top?

I notice it with my XP taskbar if you don't have XP maybe you could move a solid colored blue thing from the bottom to the top of the screen?

Associate
No m8, but try moving up and down (seriously) and see if it's your viewing angle, maybe the contrast changes this way. Try an online calibration tool (or better) which will check the phase etc, I yielded good results choosing the re-calibrated sRGB profile generated rather than the native BENQ one.

Associate
Bloody Hell....set my Benq up last night.

No dead pixels, no colour banding...perfect.
Not played with presets or whatever so its stock settings.

A wee bit bright, but it makes my LG204WT (which previously I had tweaked and was chuffed with) look broke.

Clarity, sharpness, colour...its all there in spades.
Not tried a game yet on a 24" but 1080p trailers and even an DIVX movies looks fantastic.

Photoshop and 3D Modelling software....diffferent class from what Ive been used to.

oh, Ive went dual monitor for the first time....I aint NEVER going back to one screen!
Even with a 20 paired with a 24 its a world apart...

just need to get a second Benq and Im a happy man!

Highly highly recomended.

Last edited:
Associate
Does everyone else have less contrast on colors at the bottom of the screen than the top?

I notice it with my XP taskbar if you don't have XP maybe you could move a solid colored blue thing from the bottom to the top of the screen?

It sounds like the viewing angle. As you move your head up-down the brightness of colours (and therefore their hue) changes.

If you view from further back, maybe 1 metre away it might make it less noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom