Corsair H50 Water Cooling Kit

Man of Honour
After three hours of running the H50, the corsair fan in the Antec 183 still sounded awful. It’s now been changed for an Apache Black and the sound is now normal.

Associate
Hi yes just added a 240 rad at the top of the case,so its the h50 to the 120 corsair rad then form that to a 240 rad and then to the tank,and yes the pump on the h50 is running the loop.lol

Associate
make sure u keep an eye on the pump, i remember reading some guy had it fail shortly afterreplacing the stock rad with a 120.2 rad.

u will be able to tell us if this was just a coincidence :p

Soldato
running 3.8Ghz on i7 C0, 5 loops on IBT, max setting and I get idle 28-33, load 64-68, Antec 1200, my case is open though, might bench with it closed

Associate
just to give some ideas to people using this h50 it might be a good idea to try different positions inside the case thats is providing there are fan vents to attach the radiator :p
this may be for those users not fully happy with temperatures as this can be due to thermal temps inside the case for example not just the Tim used (Mx-2, artics silver 5...etc)

for example some users place the h50 on the front in the 5 1/4 bays as an intake which is effective but some cases are longer than others so not all users can use this method.
others are the typical rear fan position for intake and exhaust where in my case the multiple GPUs exhausting very hot air and the side panel blowing onto 60-70c northbridge didnt agree
with my radiator whether intake or exhaust so when placing h50 do look at the air movement by way of fan positions and think are there any heat sources going to affect the temps
before the air goes actually through the radiator. :)

heres some pictures using my h50 as intake and exhaust all give mixed temps using gentle typhoons.
temps peaked at load (prime95 blend 76-80) (Lynxpak 80-83c)

36e7bea1.jpg

so then tried top fan positons which proved slightly better as the fan was naturaly exhausting but found the radiator fan was fighting with the rear fan for priority
over who had first dibs on cool air so radiator wasnt getting as much coolness to blow over the fins ........using 2 apaches on the h50

097a1a34.jpg

then i thought id try the second middle fan position using my gentle typhoons and can say this was a success as the the radiator fan was in a open void and not competing for airflow.

571b5c85.jpg

heres a closer view...............
fff076a6.jpg

and the external you can see im using 4 fans on side rather than 230mm provided which didnt give as much air............
d3ebaea6.jpg

and these are what i got results on a i7 4.0ghz overclock in middle ceiling fan position using 2 typhoon exhausting out roof with 6 black apaches (roof+side panel)
............Makes for a Fast Yet Really Quiet Machine...all i can hear is air moving :D

i7 [email protected] (20x200) @1.33v vdroop on .... vtt @ +250 ... (IDLE)
0ef6dc8c.jpg

i7 [email protected] (20x200) @1.33v vdroop on .... vtt @ +250 ... (lOAD) Prime95 Blend (min 67c - average 71c - max 76c) room temp 23c
c46334ac.jpg

hope this goes in some way to help people understand that its not just the thermal compound but also the cases airflow you have to look at when positioning
in your case.
dont just bung it on the rear fan and then complain about temps being high as the reason could be sitting there staring right back at you :D.

(in my case gpu heat on h50 rear as intake = bad
......side panel blowing onto northbridge causing warm air to the be exhausted out of rear with h50 acting as exhaust = bad)

maybe i looked into it for too long :D sorry its a long answer.

regards

HRhino"

Last edited:
Soldato
@HornyRhino

I thought the H50 would let you cut down on fans a bit, but surely mounting with push pull and all those case fans you may as well use a decent (and cheaper) air cooler.

I'm always looking to use as few fans as possible with my air setup whilst maintaining good airflow.

You have some really nice components though, sweet rig.

Associate
@HornyRhino

I thought the H50 would let you cut down on fans a bit, but surely mounting with push pull and all those case fans you may as well use a decent (and cheaper) air cooler.

I'm always looking to use as few fans as possible with my air setup whilst maintaining good airflow.

good question ....before the h50 i had the case setup with an thermalright black extreme cooler and at the time had a lot of high cfm on the side panel and ceiling for the hardware but after going and installing the h50 i was able to go for quieter fans like the apache while maintaining better temps.
i still needed a bit of airflow due to the heat generated by 3 gtx285's and the toasty classified northbridge passive heatsink (dont know if you know the average temps in the late 60c's early 70c's :D )

in the end it a choice of a really stupid sized heatsink and slowing airflow down as they are becoming silly these days in their designs and sizes and being hard to install and remove or getting somthing like the h50 which is maybe one of the easiest coolers ive installed and removed :) and frees up loads of room around the cpu and memory sections thus helping with speeding up the case airflow and making it possible for memory upgrades in the future upgrades :D
but anyway i did say every case is different and some case using less hardware can get away with fewer fans but mines not called a HAF for nothing :D wouldnt look right with a couple of fans :D

:D

Associate
Just bought one of these to go in the Corsair 800D, cooling a 955 BE (been running mostly at stock speeds until now).

Setup is std Corsair fans on intake and on HDDs, Corsair H50 with Apache on the back, setup as intake, and 3x Apache's on the top as exhaust.

Just pushed the CPU to 3.4, and each core idles around 33/34, and full load is around 44/45 - very impressed so far. Would like to try and get 3.8-4GHz stable, so we'll see. I think a decent motherboard (currently M4A78-Pro) and switch to DDR3 is next on the plan.

Associate
has anyone Replaced the Rad with a different one? im just thinking if this is even possible or if there be any change in temps from stock Corsair to say this?

http://www.candccentral.co.uk/Magicool-Elegant-MC120-Mod-120mm-Radiator-Plexi.html

also its such a nice bit of kit this H50.

my i7920 @ 3.8 (its all i need) Idle 25/29c prime 5hrs 100% 67/69c
2x Apache P/P config. 800RPM.. so nice and silent to :)

only problem im having is i can not find out why all fan heads on my GA X58 UD5 are running 100%. seems only the CPU head is been controlled? i though Sys_Fan & CPU was PWM? idk got a 4pin - 2x 4pin to sync the apaches!

Soldato
nice, any differents in temps? that copper one im looking at looks to be really nice.

now if some nice person here can help me fig out the 100% fan speed prob id be a happy lil lad :)

id say its made a little difference, to be honest for the hassle etc, id leave it as it is.

Another thing is, you will have a lot of air if you add a radiator, without a reservoir

it may do, not to sure though, i used 6mm inner - 8mm outer tubing no idea what it is in inches.

Last edited:
Soldato
My finished mod on my H50

Modded Corsair H50-1 120mm rad with push/pull config fans are 2x coolermaster 120x120x25mm 1200 rpm 17dBa mounted as intake at rear,240mm all copper rad (make unknow) 2x coolermaster 120x120x25mm 1200 rpm 17dBa mounted at top of case intake,bottom fan coolermaster 120x120x25 1200 rpm 17dBa exhaust.

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/3439/dscf0096o.jpg

what kinda temps are you getting now?

Soldato
Anyone else with an H50 that causes really annoying buzzing noises? I only notice it after about 2 hours of use. It isn't noisy when I switch pc on. After a while a terrible noise starts. I really couldn't live with the racket. Anyone else have this on their h50?

Back
Top Bottom