Motorbike Throttle Rocker - Anyone use one?

Associate
On a journey from Kent to Bristol (180miles or so) I found my right hand cramping up a bit. I did the journey in one go as it was getting cold and I wanted to get back asap and a few days later my wrist is aching slightly. I've heard good things about the Throttle Rocker, but can anyone vouch for it being worthwhile? It's worth a punt at only £6.49 on ebay.

Associate
OP
I only used to get hand cramps when I first started riding, once I got more confident and relaxed it went away.

You've been riding a while though right?

Been riding for 2 years but the handlebars are lower on my new bike compared to previous ones, so there's more pressure on the wrist. You're right though, my wrist will probably strengthen up in time.

Throttle Rocker is in the post to me now - I'll leave a review when I get chance :)

Soldato
Been riding for 2 years but the handlebars are lower on my new bike compared to previous ones, so there's more pressure on the wrist. You're right though, my wrist will probably strengthen up in time.

Throttle Rocker is in the post to me now - I'll leave a review when I get chance :)

I went from a Z750 then a Fazer 1000 to an RSV Mille and it was murder at first, it did get better though. Took me a while to get used to having my arse and my wrists at the same level :D

It's nowhere near as silly as a lot of sportsbikes even, it was a 2000 model and the Mille is more spacious anyway because it's got a great big tall engine. It did get easier though. A bit :D

You got a ZZR right? Probably is similar to my Dad's VFR800 then, I find that really quite comfy now but at first it hurt my wrists. Feels like some sort of limousine now compared to my Mille though!

Soldato
I've got a ZZR1100 and coming from an upright traillie found the bars to be too low.
I bought a set of Genmar bar risers that lifted them by about 1-2 inches and it has made a huge difference. I rode a 360 mile motorway round trip recently an apart from being cold and boring it was a comfortable journey for my wrists.
Unless you are specifically looking for them they are pretty much invisible.

Back
Top Bottom