• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fritz Chess Benchmark/Super PI Thread 2010

Soldato
yeah from an E8400 with a clock like yours I wouldn't bother upgrading for anything less than an i5 750 or Phenom 955.

...also the IMC on the clarkdale allows much better memory clocks but the performance is actually just mediocre :/ The bandwidth is better due to the higher frequency but the latency is terrible (I was getting 46-48ns on my old P45 setup).

Also the timings are 9,9,9,27 but Everest detects the CAS latency as 10...it doesn't fully support Clarkdale yet.

cachememl.png

Last edited:
Associate
UPDATE :D

I've put all the other results in the table.

I also tried to do the colouring scheme suggested earlier in the thread with different shades for 4 cores, 2 cores etc but Excel 2003 doesn't have that many colours and the dark blue and dark green looked a bit harsh on the eyes so I've left it for now!

UPDATED TABLE

allp.png

UPDATED GRAPHS

superpia.png

fritz.png

Thanks to Gurusan's results the i3 530 was populated enough to warrant putting it on the graphs. It's interesting to see the gap it has to the Core 2 Duo's, it's a much larger % increase in Fritz than the i5 compared to the last two generations of Core 2 Quad's....

Easy, please copy into the first thread when you get the chance :)

Soldato
ah good job :)

and the i3 Fritz increase is due to hyperthreading :D ....because if you look, the i7 860 performs massively better at the same clock speeds than the i5 750 and the only difference between them is hyperthreading.

Associate
ah good job :)

and the i3 Fritz increase is due to hyperthreading :D ....because if you look, the i7 860 performs massively better at the same clock speeds than the i5 750 and the only difference between them is hyperthreading.

Ah ok, I can see from your screenie above that there are 4 cores showing for Fritz now. They aren't bad for £96 at all!

The i7 860 is pretty impressive in Fritz actually considering it out performs the 920's (just), any ideas on that one? :p

Permabanned
Ah ok, I can see from your screenie above that there are 4 cores showing for Fritz now. They aren't bad for £96 at all!

The i7 860 is pretty impressive in Fritz actually considering it out performs the 920's (just), any ideas on that one? :p

I have done and set this 860 against loads of 920 and crunching numbers it wins everytime. Ok i have to have more Mhz and Volts but what ever works :)

Associate
@ simulatorman - whats up with your results??

You score higher than any quadcore thats clocked higher, even though Fritz only uses up to 8 threads so you have no advantage over a intel quad with your 980. As Fritz cant use the 12 threads on your CPU.

My 980 is also clocked higher than yours and i get a better time on super PI, but your Frits is higher....

You can turn off HT so Fritz uses 100% CPU usage but then fritz will only allow upto 6 threads, not 8 like in your pic.... so how'd you manage it?? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Couldn't resist anymore. I want the lead on the 750 ladder again :cool:

Many crashes later:

superbench.png

Could probably inch a little higher but only by throwing voltage all over the place :/

Also my motherboard is an Asus Maximus GENE III

Does the old entry get removed or can that stay as a lower clocked entry?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom