Games you can't seem to grasp and enjoy that other people make look amazing!

Associate
hmm in fact i think black and white will be the perfect game to play when on the train for ages :)
number one that is, 2nd one was no ware near as good.
undead skeletons villages ***:)

edit... why is for the win blocked... O.o

Soldato
OP
I think you are just lazy:p

All of the game you have listed sound cool but actually take a lot of work to get into and have steeper learning curves than your usual FPS

Well.

4 years later I've spent over 100 hours on Oblivion after modding it up and getting into the storyline :)

I don't think I'm lazy considering 95% of the games I play need hundreds of hours of work to get a decent character on them - D2, Titan Quest, WoW, Dragon Age, all games I've spent hundreds of hours on :) I can't remember the last FPS I played. Frontlines Fuel of War. I think?

Soldato
Far to many to mention but I'll try:

Portal - it was a good puzzle game, in the same way that Tetris is a good puzzle game, it's not World changing and the ending song is rubbish.

Oblivion - on the surface I should like this game. I loved Fallout 3. But this just doesn't drag me into the game world. I got a great deal on this game with Bioshock so I will try it again - I hope it grows on me as I think if I perservered it maybe superb.

Deus Ex - a bit of a strange one as I really enjoyed it. I think it's a very good game. It's very linear as well. I think it's great, don't get me wrong, but not deserving of some of the accolades I've seen thrown at it.

M.

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Far to many to mention but I'll try:

Portal - it was a good puzzle game, in the same way that Tetris is a good puzzle game, it's not World changing and the ending song is rubbish.

M.

I know its your opinion so you can't be wrong, but you are. Especially regarding the song.

Soldato
I get this exact thing with so many games. Probably worst of all at the moment is Fallout 3. Really looked forward to it coming out and when I got it I played it solid for 3 or 4 days. Then I just stopped playing it. I got to the point where you could nuke the place so I saved the game then went and did that. Afterwards I just couldn't be bothered playing it anymore, it seemed like I'd just done the best part of the game.

Same thing happened with bioshock, I must have finished 3/4 of the game then just stopped playing for no reason.

Oddly enough I love games like Total War and Civilisation, I'll play those for months on end. Still playing empire: tw regularly since its release.

I think a big problem when it comes to games for me is that I'm used to multiplayer in my FPS games now. TF2 ruined every single player FPS game for me. I've had Ep1 and Ep2 for about two years now and the most I've done is download the graphics pack for Ep1 and played about 2 hours of it. I enjoyed it but it just doesn't have the same appeal as an online game.

Soldato
Medieval Total War for me - it was the first total war game I'd tried, and the battle AI is just plain broken. I'd be sat there looking at the enemy completely failing to deal with a bridge or a wall, or completely ignoring a massive flanking maneuver, and wondering 'how the hell does this get so much praise?"

I can only assume people think it's great when they can beat an army five times their size because they all try to get over a bridge at once.

Associate
Any RTS of the last 15 years. Dune was the only one I ever got into. These days I just find my brain cant process fast enough to play even on the most simple difficulty. There's something about my units being attacked off screen while I am doing something else that I just cant get my head around.

But give me an Oblivion, Final fantasy, Civilization, Railroad Tycoon or any game that is slow enough to allow you to think for minutes over each move and I am in gaming heaven.... Mmmmmmm Civilization V...drool....

Back
Top Bottom