*** Final Fantasy XIII ***

Associate
im only getting time to play this at the weekend at the moment :(

just going into chapter 9 with 12 hours play time, looking forward to getting into it this weekend again, then the week after is the easter holidays and I have 2 weeks off work :)

not that im going to be playing FF for 2 weeks straight lol, but lots more free time to play and no doubt complete, but certainly not enough time to do all the side quests etc. :)

Caporegime
what material is needed to transform fangs 'starting' weapon? and where do i get it? im on ch11

Someone earlier posted a link that will help:

You need Uraninite to level up Gladius apparently.

Here and here are some fairly handy weapon levelling guides that may prove to be handy for some.

Can't recall which weapon is her starting one, but it lists weapons and what is needed to "Transform" them.

rp2000

Soldato
what material is needed to transform fangs 'starting' weapon? and where do i get it? im on ch11

It's the Bladed Lance I think, which needs Perovskite (don't think it's listed on those two pages at Gamespot). Perovskite I think you buy from one of hte stores.

Soldato
Killing those Behemoth King's is my new grinding mission. I sneak up on them as mentioned, Then kill them in like 15 seconds ish. 4000CP, and there are 2 in close proximety to each other, alone and easy to pre-empt! Its kinda awesome

Last edited:
Caporegime
Killing those Behemoth King's is my new grinding missing. I sneak up on them as mentioned, Then kill them in like 15 seconds ish. 4000CP, and there are 2 in close proximety to each other, alone and easy to pre-emt! Its kinda awesome

If you want to earn even more, quicker, do this:

Near the exit to Archylte Steppe (North from where you entered, walk towards the Planet in the sky for North), there is 2 creatures fighting, one is the King Behemoth and one is some Huge dog. Every single time you approach you get a pre-emptive without trying and they don't even have full energy bars. It is 6600CP, takes less than 1 minute (takes me 8 secs ;) ). Then walk 5 seconds to just beyond the save POint and then go back and they respawn!!

rp2000

Caporegime
Yep it's either those Behemoth King's or the first few sections in Mah'Habara that are the best grinding spots.

In terms of CP per minute, I think it is better, but the dudes in Mah'Habara drop better items.

Here is a video showing where it is, what you do, etc.

Will work soon, still "processing"

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
In terms of CP per minute, I think it is better, but the dudes in Mah'Habara drop better items.

Yeah I prefer Mah'Habara due to the drops i.e. Bomb Cores which are good for upgrading and a few battles I can end within 2-5 seconds. With the Behemoth King's, time is wasted trying to get a pre-emptive strike as you have to really be right behind them, and even then there is still a chance they can do the stand-up motion and regenerate their HP, which in itself wastes even more time. The Behemoth King and Megistotherian is easy, but even then a few times I still find that the Behemoth King can do the stand-up motion.

Soldato
I did my cp farming just to the left of that area Rp, 3 easy fights all pre-emptive takes under a minute for all 3 fights, in total, nets about 7880 cp and they respawn by the time u run back up to that cliff and jump down, which is about 15 seconds.

Permabanned
Ive been farming at the end of Chapter 7 for about a Week(Hopes house), god knows how many hours......

However i have around 800+ Incentive chips. Should get loads of money for that.

Got loads of CP also but cant use it yet as im not far enough in the game lol

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Ive been farming at the end of Chapter 7 for about a Week(Hopes house), god knows how many hours......

Don't know how you have the patients for that :|

Anywho, did Vanille's little robot dog side-quest thing last night, nice and easy and netted me a good half a million Gil :D

So I now have maxed out Tier 2 weapons on Fang/Light/Hope and a good 400K still in the bank :D

Just need to get 3 of those stupidly expensive 2mil gil catalyst stone things now to get them to Tier 3 :(

Going to go finish Ch13 first though, i've maxed my Stage 9 crystarium, and got the best weapons I can with the cash i've got, so time to move on.

Associate
So then, who's using which characters?

I've been using Lightning/Hope/Vanille (com/syn/med, com/rav/med, com/rav/rav) for a while now but I seem to be lagging behind (now at the top of Taejin's Tower).

Associate
Using light/fang/vanille,

Just need to farm more gil to get the ultimates from lv 72 to 100 but the adamantoise don't like dropping ingots it seems.

Just got the trophy for max stats on all chars u.u;

For CP farming once you get powerful enough id reccomend, faultwarrens A1 > B1 > C1 > D2, bugbears and the flowering cactuar are the big cp fiends. The 2 sets of flowering cactaur if you kill them all before fleeing net 22500 (45000) and 37500 (75000) CP (with growth egg) for 2 10 second battles. The marks along the way also reward you with bomb shells and cores for some reasonable upgrade exp. Flowering cactuars also have 1% rare drop of ribbon too so quite handy.

Gil farming id reccomend trying to kill the adamantoise/adamantortoise (Vanille's Death will kill if it lands): platinum ingots as normal drop (150,000) trapezohedrons 1% rare drop which save you 2,000,000 gil from having to buy them.

Currently, for gil, i'm running from the door into edenhall grand foyer out to the adamantoise in leviathan plaza and back, killing the guards too as they drop incentive/credit chips.

Last edited:
Soldato

You do realize there's farmable items later in the game that can be sold for over 100k? Also there's enemies that dole out 30-40k CP per kill. Farming that early in the game is just madness imo, considering the same ends can be achieved in a fraction of the time in chapter 11 onwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom