Peugeot 306 HDi cambelt intervals?

Soldato
Anyone know the recommended intervals on the 2.0 HDi diesel engine?

Service history for the car lists..
Date 15 - 2 - 2005

Mileage 75,635

1 x Cambelt

1 x Cambelt Roller

1 x Cambelt Tensioner

1 x Water Pump

Car is currently on 130,000 Miles and the cambelt hasn't been touched since its last change at 75k

Associate
I guess it could probably do with changing due to both the mileage and the period of time that's passed since. Cambelt isn't something I'd want to risk breaking personally, but it's your decision.

Associate
I have the same engine and mine is currently on 124k .. not entirely sure when the last change was as it was brought from auction and had no history... so i'm expecting 75k (the car was in excellent condition)

What sort of cost are you looking at for the change mate? I'm guessing I should look at getting mine done soon. Is it the same intervals if your miles are mainly motorway? I do 100 miles a day sitting at 70........

Associate
Guys,

I've just been quoted 270 to have this done which includes a water pump at a local indy near me.

Is this good/bad/ugly/sickening... ?

Thanks

Associate
Sounds alright to me. Ring some other places for quotes perhaps, but I'd imagine they'd be around that figure too.

Soldato
OP
Get another quote or two Jampie :)

I was thinking of doing mine myself.. from what I've heard the engine mount on the car needs removing.. and the engine jacking up slightly to get to the cambelt properly :o

Soldato
Mount needs to come off as it runs inside the belt. Very similar job to the xud lump but you don't need to worry about locking the injector pump as all it does is provide the pressure, the timing is done by the injectors.

Soldato
think i paid £350ish (full kits, pump + tensioners etc) inc getting the crankshaft pulley done at the same time so that sounds about right.

going by the blood the mechanic ended up with on his hands that day, im glad i got someone else to do it! there is NO space :p

Soldato
OP
think i paid £350ish (full kits, pump + tensioners etc) inc getting the crankshaft pulley done at the same time so that sounds about right.

going by the blood the mechanic ended up with on his hands that day, im glad i got someone else to do it! there is NO space :p

Thanks bud, I've been quoted £200-300 at another mechanic I use so.. just going to get it done.

The belt kit will have the belt, the roller and the tensioner. Water pump would be £30-£40.

Either way I'm realy not doing it myself, I'll **** something up when re-tensioning :p

Soldato
Ripoff price much?

But yeah, it aint worth it, my mums a retard when it comes to motoring. I said to her about 20 times she needs to get the cambelt changed, until it snapped and caused some unspeakable damage under the bonnet costing an absolutely ridiculous amount to fix.

Back
Top Bottom