FaceBook Security Help

Associate
Hey guys sorry if this fits into another section i didnt see.

My FB got hacked today and sent spam links out in chat to friends to infect them. Ive changed the pass word and email addresses on the account and so far so good.

Is there anything else i can do to prevent this happening again? ive scanned my pc with security essentials and Adaware and theres nothing bad on it so i cant see how this happened. It does worry me that someone had access to my whole profile though.

Thanks for any assistance

Associate
Did you become a fan of anything 'interesting' looking lately? One of those pages that invites you to "click here to look at mental pictures of you from a night out!!1!lolololol'"?

It might have been a good ol' bit of phishing, or even perhaps a dodgy application that you authorised.

Associate
OP
Did you become a fan of anything 'interesting' looking lately? One of those pages that invites you to "click here to look at mental pictures of you from a night out!!1!lolololol'"?

It might have been a good ol' bit of phishing, or even perhaps a dodgy application that you authorised.

nope i dont join those groups, im very good with security hence my supprise at this.

Soldato
Constructive? On GD? :p

You'll learn ;)

In my opinion security essentials and Adaware are both extremely poor products for what they are - Try a stronger AV such as Avast, AVG, or NOD32 and do a full MalwareBytes scan after updating it (in safe mode and offline)

Also, stop using IE, which is full of security holes, and slap Firefox on your machine, and pop Adblock and NoScript on, and be careful on what sites you allow Javascript to run.

If you want to be even more paranoid, run Facebook through www.sandboxie.com only.

Back
Top Bottom