LG Flatron M227WD - 1080p TV/Monitor mini review

Associate
To change it is fairly easy if you have the correct equipment, IE a Windows or Nokia smartphone and the correct free software. Then it's a case of pressing one button and entering a pass code (0000) changing one setting, that's all.

As for the quality I think it's on a par with my Dell SP2309W for picture quality. (I am using DVI for both although one card is an ATI and the other an Nvidia)

Although if you are doing Graphics work will a 6bit TN panel be ok?

Associate
im not getting the clearest picture i would like (Alienware M11x using HDMI to DVI convertor) - anyone know if using a DisplayPort to DVI connection is likely to be any better?

Will also try installing cleartext as suggested elsewhere.
its pretty good, but not 100% crisp text as i would like. will have to exchange for the samsung P2270 otherwise...

Associate
im not getting the clearest picture i would like (Alienware M11x using HDMI to DVI convertor) - anyone know if using a DisplayPort to DVI connection is likely to be any better?

Will also try installing cleartext as suggested elsewhere.
its pretty good, but not 100% crisp text as i would like. will have to exchange for the samsung P2270 otherwise...

Are you connected to the Monitors HDMI or DVI?

Associate
Are you connected to the Monitors HDMI or DVI?

DVI. But it is a DVI connection that is made via an HDMI cable with a DVI adaptor plugged onto the end. Using HDMI alone gives an awful picture.

My results are pretty much on par with the screenshots posted earlier in this thread - its just that DVI, while being far far superior to HDMI, still isn't as crisp as I would like when it comes to viewing dark text on bright backgrounds. I don't know if I would have to buy a dedicated monitor over a TV-monitor to achieve the results I'm after.

Last edited:
Associate
Analog tuner

I read somewhere here that the M227WD wouldn't have an analog tuner. Well, I got my M227WD-PZ today and it has one.

Just connected my antenna and found some TV stations. And the speakers are not good, but neither as bad as some said.

I connected my PC through DVI and also a pair of separate speakers, and I am very pleased with the TV .

But I miss a shortcut for switching between the different picture modes.

Edit: the analog reception is very good.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys I got this tele on the cheap over Christmas very happy so. Just need some help in regards to setting up the picture I noticed the default settings are very bright. Any tips on getting an optimal picture, I mostly play on the the xbox 360. I've checked the menu for picture settings i.e. Contrast sharpness and back light what have you guys got it set as ? Thanks

Sy

Associate
Hey guys i got this tv and i have tried running the 360 through it via VGA but for some reason it will not play in 1080p (1920x1080) even though the screen says that it is? Is there any way to resovle this?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Associate
USB for 227WD-PZ NOT 227WDP

I've read through all the threads for 'USB on the 227WD'. Probably I have confused myself between the WD and WDP models. I definitely have the older M227WD-PZ. I'd like a simple Yes or No answer as to whether I can activate the USB port on this model. I have accessed the Service Menu using the 'press menu for 5 secs' (found this in another forum), but can only see Option 1, not Option 2.
Please put me out of my misery!

Back
Top Bottom