Project: Hush! - updated 26/12/23

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well at least no one is going to be able to steal it. How do you go about picking it up? Does it flex under its own weight? I guess it will ok once you build a proper aluminium skeleton for it.

Picking it up is okay, except without the aluminium plates the copper fins dig into the fingers a bit! It's surprisingly sturdy though - doesn't really flex as it's a big grid so pretty strong.

Soldato
Are you going to leave it bare copper or are you going to spray it black? Also the port on the bottom header would that have been better on the other side, so that the tube would be inside the case so to speak?

Soldato
OP
Are you going to leave it bare copper or are you going to spray it black? Also the port on the bottom header would that have been better on the other side, so that the tube would be inside the case so to speak?

Going to be left bare copper as I expect black paint would hinder heat tarnsfer unless ridiculously thinly coated as on pc radiator fins, in which case the paint would come off too easily.

There's two ports on the bottom, and two on the top. The ones 'inside' the case are at opposite ends to ensure equal flowthrough the tubes. The one on the very top is plugged, and used for filling, and the one on the bottom with the slightly longer port is for draining the loop and also usually plugged. :)

Associate
Only just got the update email on this. Doh! had it on weekly updates lol.

Upgrade to pro today bandwidth exceeded, damnit was looking forward to a good update from 1 of my current favourites.

On 1 hand this is good as it means many are following this with it being awesome :), on the other you have to pay to keep the pictures up :(, this happened to me with air cube so I payed for 1 month so the pictures stayed up while there was a rush of viewers and didn't have to pay again once the rush settled down, only pay it when this happens ;).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Update time!

Lots of countersinking and tapping.

DSCF3239.jpg

The motherboard tray will sit further back towards the back wall, but the countersunk screws poking through from the back aluminium frame just happen to be the right distance apart to go through the motherboard tray holes....
DSCF3237.jpg

DSCF3233.jpg

DSCF3238.jpg

DSCF3240.jpg

one of the 19mm anti-vandal switches (photographed badly!). It's anodised-black aluminium with white light. I'm still undecided as to whether to anodise all the aluminium black or have it mirror-polished aluminium..

DSCF3218.jpg

DSCF3207.jpg
Needs a bit of filing down to tidy up but getting there. :)

DSCF3209.jpg

Not fully screwed together and epoxied into place yet so sitting on a box atm. The aluminium frame sits very snugly in the slits for the copper fins.

DSCF3205.jpg

The copper back wall got warped from bead-blasting. Should bolt to the aluminium easily enough though.

DSCF3203.jpg

DSCF3196.jpg

DSCF3197.jpg

Associate
wow I really like that, it must have been almost impossible to get everything lined up to fit like that. Looks really good in some of those pictures, very practical too. :)

Back
Top Bottom