Post your bikes thread

Associate
Shes ready for this afternoons run on the dyno to check the fuelling...should makes several horsepowers and some nice torque:cool:
4525023595_d93afbe03a_o.jpg

4525653266_518a09356e_o.jpg

Soldato
Not really a fan of the way they look but they handle supprisingly well for a bike of their size and the engine in something else.

My mate had one in blue, he thought it would be a good idea to stick it on a bike stand, run it through the gears and see how quick it would go. Not sure if the second pic is so blurred becuase the bike was vibrating like mad or becuase I was crapping myself in case it came off :eek:

busaback2.jpg

Busaclocks3.jpg

Associate
LOL nah, from Newton near me. normally quite a sensible chap as well, Prison Officer, married, 2 kids. dunno what came over him :)

Plus it dosent prove anything...probably might see 185mph in the real world...a lot of BS talked about the Hayabusa....only 156bhp on average for the earlier ones...still not bad for a semi sporty tourer:D

Associate
Isnt the Hayabusa the fastest production motorbike in the world?

TBH theres not much in it...mostly down to aerodynamics at high speeds, obviously you do need BHP and a long enough road....woodbridge is a good place for that...my busa did 206mph with a tailwind and a much smaller rider than me. At the time the bike was producing 178bhp and was fuelled and geared for top end speed...it now produces 159bhp which is fine for the road.

Fuel injection systems and associated electronics for bikes have come a long way since my bike was built in 1999 and quite a few bikes produce more bhp now....depends on whose dyno figures you believe!

Last edited:
Associate
oi7upg.jpg

My New bike! 2002 GSXR750...OOH bit different to the cbr600f!
24k miles, pretty nigh on mint condition,barely a few marks on the panels, just serviced last week... 2.6k!
Still getting used to the very different steering to a 13 year old CBR, its very intuitive, pulls itself round with a shift of body weight, sweet!

Last edited:
Soldato
After getting my car license in December I've not been running a bike, but the cost of parking and stuff at my work made me get a quote to get insured on our family workhorse, came up at £135 for me and my dad so we're going halves.

Behold... THE BEAST

20100417-pwuncrjyp1941ynpcn52hjp8ku.png

Immense! Don't knock bikes like these til you've tried them, it's liberating. Perfect for when I go to my girlfriend's in east london, I dropped it in a bush last time I was up there and it didn't matter.. nor will it if someone knocks me off it. It's nice to not have to worry.

I love it, amused that I'm so excited about getting back on a bike even if it's this piece of toot :D

Edit: Yes that's the tail end of my beloved RSV in the bottom left. She's not mine anymore, I sold her to my dad :(

Back
Top Bottom