• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bargain or what....

Associate
Ordered a 5970 back in February for £414 delivered with no delivery estimate and to be honest didn't expect them to sell at that price anyway.

I Bought an Asus 5850 a few weeks ago having forgot all about the order for the 5970. On Friday gets an email saying my 5970 has shipped.

Not a bad deal I say.......

Permabanned
I had an order from Pl*y.com for my 5970.. they first put the price at £419.99 inc VAT.

I had to wait 7 weeks for them to come into stock so i could have it.. and in that time it went up to £580... they only charged me £419.99 :D
Plus i didnt pay VAT on it as it was for "buissness"

:D

Caporegime
You can get it for £50 more without the wait, but frankly I don't pay over RRP for a card at any point, anything over what you paid is retailer ripping you off. Not a bad deal, but we'd all be able to get them at RRP if people simply refused to pay over the odds for 5850/5870/5970/470/480gtx's.

Leave them on the shelves for a few weeks and retailers would drop the price.

Either way, enjoy it, beast of a card to be honest.

Associate
Noooooo! I looked at that price a few times over the last few months and even discussed it with some friends but we thought they would never ship at that price so didnt order.

I did think just order because I have nothing to lose but though "Its too good to be true" so never did. Grats on a great deal.

They also had the Vapour-X 5870 for £291... I wonder if someone picked that up?

Associate
I just managed to dig up the old link and it now states "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." with no indication of price. LOL guess they learned the hard way.

Associate
Noooooo! I looked at that price a few times over the last few months and even discussed it with some friends but we thought they would never ship at that price so didnt order.

I did think just order because I have nothing to lose but though "Its too good to be true" so never did. Grats on a great deal.

They also had the Vapour-X 5870 for £291... I wonder if someone picked that up?

Pretty pi**ed myself. I saw jungle offering product £414 beginning of January. I checked every day for it to appear in stock. I hesistated to pre-order as its expensive and i really questioned if it would ever turn up in stock. I noticed their 5870 never was in stock either and it finally disappeared eventually. I thought that they would have contacted all pre-orders to advise it would have been cancelled.

I then noticed on a seperate forum the other day that someone got his, and now here to. Very annoying when i almost placed order first week of january but never did in the end.

I will try to take some comfort that my second asus 5850 en route and even though price wise its cost me £50 more, i get better stock performance, better cooling, better overclocking, better depreciation. *Aaaaaaaa...* almost feel better now :)

Back
Top Bottom