longest sleep & longest awake times

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Longest is about 48, longest sleep is about 20. I could happily have 12 hours of sleep a night, in fact, I'd love to.

Associate
Longest awake would be ~72 hours. I don't party hard, I used to WoW hard !

Longest sleep not sure of but nothing over say 14-15 hours!

Soldato
awake i think was about 39 hours, thats MMOs for you though really. Asleep i think my best was 16 hours after doing 7 12 hour days on the trot and then having to turn the clock around to start 5 nights the next day. Went to bed at 23:00 and before i knew it 17:00 was flashing on my alarm. damn good sleep though.

Permabanned
Awake ~ 65-70hrs ...almost 3 full days! :eek:

Asleep ~ 20-25hrs ...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

Must say, that mental 'haze' you dip in and out of after so long is really weird (never experienced hallucinations, as some claim). Also, its quite shocking when you get that '2nd wind' where you have a very strange, heightened sense of alertness and you don't even wanna go to sleep, even though you're fully aware of how terribly long you've been up. Then, after some time...you run outta all reserve energy and your brain/body doesn't have any more 'bio-tricks' to keep you up any longer and you just fallout the minute you sit down or simply stand still for a few seconds. In my case, above; I apparently sat on the edge of the couch, quickly thought better of laying back, decided to rest my eyes a bit, then slumped over and had myself sorted for a good while. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I have been awake for 40 hours at some point. When I was at school me and my mate used to rent loads of videos from our local video shop and spend all day copying them:o:( I know it was naughty, we was kids. Talking 18-20 years ago..

Used to go round his house in the AM and go home late PM following day.

Asleep, I reckon 16 at a push. Nowadays I am lucky to get 8 hours.

We have a butcher at work we call 'Big Gay Al' he's about 60 years old and is a right laugh. About 5 years ago he was diagnosed with cancer, he's fine now but he cant drink any alcohol, however, when he did drink before he had cancer he DRANK..... He used to come to work on his late nights around 12 lunch time still drunk from his session the previous night.

One morning he came to work and told us he went out two days ago with some of his drinking buddies. He went to bed that night and didnt wake up till the morning in question. Basicly he slept 36 hours... He missed a whole day.:eek: :D

We all wet ourselves laughing at this..

Back
Top Bottom