My new bike!

Soldato
Got my first road bike today! Aprila Rx 50, 04 plate with 7k on the clock! Excellent condition, derestricted! I am waiting for my licence to arrive in the post anytime soon then off to take the cbt!

£600 for the bike... got jacket, helmet, gloves, bike cover and goggles free!
Couldn't be happier.

First time ever riding a gear bike, had a go and got into third, so easy! Just remember to be a safe rider, No 1 rule!!!

Anyway, on with a few pics, will get some better ones up tmorrow :D

Associate
Looks nice :)

Have fun on it & stay safe :)

Also (though it might not look quite as nice) try to get some sort of mirrors for it, even bar end ones are better than none. It makes checking behind you so much easier than constant shoulder checks!

Soldato
Also (though it might not look quite as nice) try to get some sort of mirrors for it, even bar end ones are better than none. It makes checking behind you so much easier than constant shoulder checks!

Yeah didn't see that, definitely get some mirrors on there!

Also, don't go riding in your tracksuite bottoms ;) lol.

Soldato
OP
Cheers lads :D Just been on the bike, just learning how to use the gears and what not. The bikes goes when she reaches 6k revs, just its a bit slow getting their. We took the fearings off etc to give the bike a proper examination over, and the air filter does need cleaning, so that could be one of the cultrets. Same with the carb, dad said he will give that a good cleaning.

I am going to get a new helmet like you said, could have been dropped. Will get a right mirror so I can see who is up my arse and what not.

Thanks for the good comments lads :)

Soldato
What power is it putting out derestricted? It may be too powerful at the moment to run on your provisional, so will not be licenced or insured to ride it. Check it if you can.

Associate
ah i remember back in around 98, 99 when these first came out they were great everyone wanted one and they were about 3k.

i wanted one so bad ( :( i only had a mighty yamaha DT50) mind you it ran on deisel, meths or whisky lol

Back
Top Bottom