***Biker's Lounge Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Good god, Poole Quay was packed tonight. Got there at around 18:50, and had to go to the second parking area, as the first was rammed out lol. So nice and warm though, can't wait for it to get even warmer :D.

Loving the Knox Handroids too, finding them really comfortable, feel so much better than my previous gloves. But as I paid close to £120 more than I did for my last gloves, I'd expect them too lol.

Soldato
yep, went for a blast up to cat & fiddle tonight, great run. Weather was great, virtually nil traffic and only one cop :D. Loads of bikes though. I swore I wouldnt go back to the cat & fiddle again after seeing all the cameras they put up. But knowing how to play them, plus the fact they dont work properly yet made me go back, it really is one of the best roads in the country.

Lets hope this weather holds out, 7-9pm, traffic is dead and its still nice and warm. happy days :cool:

Soldato
yeh, you just take it easy at the start, between the 1st 2 sets of cameras. Then you can play for a bit, just make sure you stop at the pub for a bit as the next set it just after that. Then a mile on turn right and come back the fun way, the route with all the undulations. This bit only has 2 sets of cameras at the very start, so as soon as you get past those you have the nice long stretch of great roads to play on.

Soldato
Anyone ever used Avon Road Rider Tyres or Dunlop Gt501 or by any chance know anyone who has.

Im getting scared of these Lasertec tyres. I can feel them sliding about even last night after a day of 17c temps and warming them up i could feel them twitching and sliding on the road. I know the back is only 130/80/18 and front a 110/90/16 and the bike is old but surely shouldn't be jumping around that much.

Soldato
How old are they?. Maybe the rubber has "gone off" if they are a good age?.

Can't help with the Avon or Dunlop advice as I've only ever used Michelin 2CT's in the past 4 or 5 years - I just canny see past 'em. :)

Soldato
I always swear by Michelin as well, although now im getting used to the Pirelli Corsa 3 mine came with im quite liking them also.

I have used both Avon and Dunlop tyres and hated them both. Avon was just vague as hell and the dunlops just slipped everwhere (both on a R1), this was around 6-7 years ago so they may have got better.

As mentioned, if the tyre you have on is old (over 2 years) then it should be changed really as they go off. If its sliding around in the great weather we have had recently then there is something not right.

Associate
So... I contacted the dealership this morning to enquire about the exhaust popping.
They said that they've never had to re-map a Kwak with a Scorpion exhaust...

They recommend I contact Scorpion directly to see if they have anything to say, so I just sent them an email :rolleyes:

Soldato
I don't see what scorpion are going to say. Its not like exhausts have mechanical parts that could be malfunctioning.

Bike engines are high strung. Most guys I know say if you put in a K&N Filter and exhaust you should be getting them power commanded anyway.

as above its popping because the fuel to air mixture is incorrect. causing a mini explosion in the can.

Would I not be right in saying its due to lack of back pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom