***Biker's Lounge Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hopefuly its one of these businesses where the guys got a bit of a hobby doing bikes and not just some random.

My mate is there until stupid times as he gets carried away and always willing to give info and help set things up for people

Associate
I've been seriously entertaining the idea of learning to ride. Life's a bit uninspiring and I've seen my Dad recently pass his test, which has given him a lot of fun.

I'm thinking of doing the CBT and getting myself a 125 to practice on. I'm wondering how well one would go with a 6' 1" rider. I'm not expecting amazing comfort, but I don't want to be in agony either!

Associate
I'd definately give the CBT a go and see how you feel :)

Thoroughly enojoyed the day I did mine :cool:

I've always watched bike racing on the telly, so the enthusiasm is there. When I was of sufficient age, I had to choose between learning to drive a car or a bike, which was a no-brainer as I needed a car for the carrying capacity. I couldn't have afforded both.

Now I'm 25, in a comfortable job, and feel that maybe the time is right to try two wheels :)

Associate
that was my daliy ride for 2 weeks 36miles of it, i reckon im quite good in the snow now lol.

suprisingly easy going in the snow as long as it snows enough to settle over the slush. i made a lot better head way then the cars in the deep snow was rather funny.

Associate
they are a great boot, crash well too mates tested his two weeks after getting a pair, but like most sport boots they develop the squeak and are not waterproof due the the vents.

Soldato
I used Sidi Vertebra and Vertebra II's for years. Great boots but they do indeed squeek and let the rain in.

Now using Alpinestar SuperTech boots, the ones with the removable inner boot. Most comfortable boots I've used on the bike although at first they seem a little more bulky than the Sidi's were. You soon get used to it though. Awesome boots, feel more protective than the Sidi's were, my next pair will be SuperTechs again.

Associate
Hello all, just bought my first bike, its a Honda XR125L, 2006 plate, pleased with it so far :)

bikeimage.jpg

I have just come after some helmet advice.
I am after a motorcross style helmet that conforms to all the legal standards etc that I can use on the road too, and links to shops or places around leeds/sheffield area would be great. dont mind spending between £100-250 at a push...

cheers all!

Last edited:
Soldato
I used Sidi Vertebra and Vertebra II's for years. Great boots but they do indeed squeek and let the rain in.

Now using Alpinestar SuperTech boots, the ones with the removable inner boot. Most comfortable boots I've used on the bike although at first they seem a little more bulky than the Sidi's were. You soon get used to it though. Awesome boots, feel more protective than the Sidi's were, my next pair will be SuperTechs again.

I don't mind the fact they let rain in, my current boots will see me though as they're all year round Sidi's, just want a more race style pair as I want to get a few track days done this year, and as I'm getting more aggressive in my style, want something that'll hold up better at high speeds lol.

As for the squeak, I've already accepted that they'll squeak after being out the other day in Poole, sounded like loads of mice everywhere hah.

Can't say I'm a fan of those Alpinestar boots astheicly, but I'll have a look at them in the flesh tomorrow or Saturday, see how they feel etc. Cheers for the recommendation :).

Soldato
Ive got the old Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots, they are brilliant, well vented when you need it by opening the vents.
And withstood my foot ploughing into a car, you can barely see any damage on the boot but it ripped off the plastic toe protector bit so I see that as doing its job correctly :)
I wore mine all weathers too and never really had any problem with the rain, think they got abit damp a few times but thats it, not great in the cold though!

My next boots will be the Sidi Vortice's.

Soldato
Can't say I'm a fan of those Alpinestar boots astheicly, but I'll have a look at them in the flesh tomorrow or Saturday, see how they feel etc. Cheers for the recommendation :).

Agreed, they are an acquired taste as far as looks go. A bit "Power Ranger'ish" I'll admit. If you go look at a pair though you will see what I mean as far as protection goes. They feel like you could drop a 10 ton weight on them and they would be fine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom