Would you buy this house ?

Man of Honour
Given that this is what, £400k worth of house at the most anywhere else have you considered moving further away from London and using the saving for a Maybach and driver for the commute? :D

Soldato
My Dads side of the family live in Watford. Id rather cut my balls off than pay that sort of money for a place in Watford (slight exaggeration).
Rickmansworth, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, even Croxeley Green, yes.
That amount of money for that sized house, with no garage on a busy main road = WTF.
For that sort of money you could buy a 5/6 bed detached, double garage with a huuuuuge garden out of suburbia where Im from (Wokingham).

Man of Honour
Ah yea but that isn't in London so it doesnt have the draw of a traffic jam outside your window and no countryside for miles around :p

Associate
Definitely not. Your paying over the odds (imo) because its a new build and the finish is quite nice.

tbh im quite surprised how expensive watford is!

Soldato
I am shocked that property is so expensive in Watford! If I was spending that much cash I would want to live somewhere nicer.

Personally I don't like new builds either, they look a bit toy town to me.

Soldato
If its where you want to be, then go for it. You can always plant up the front if you want a bit of privacy, I imagine you wont notice road noise in the back garden, and the master bedroom is at the back of the house.

It's not to my taste but it does look nicely finished.

We've recently moved from a quiet private road to a house on a busy road. It's surprising how quickly you adjust, it's peaceful out in the back garden and you're only really aware of traffic inside if you have windows open during rush hour or when its raining.

As for parking, I guess that's something you're going to have to deal with everywhere really, could always come to an agreement with neighbours if you've got lots of people over...

Associate
looks like a nice house, and i'd say snap it if it was 800k, then spend some money putting up an iron gate with your initials in like a lot of the houses in north london.

Permabanned
Wise Guy
Soldato
I just about spit tea on my screen when I saw the price :eek:. I could seriously retire on that and I'm not even 30 yet.

No offense but the interior is HIDEOUS. Imagine how gay it will look in 10-15 years.

Soldato
That's just an obscene amount of money. I couldn't bring myself to do it - I'd sooner live in a bigger house in a quieter area with a garage and commute in.

If being close to the city is very important to you then go for it but that house is by no means exceptional in my eyes and that is a huge amount of money for what it is. Huge.

Soldato
A house near me sold for that money a couple of years ago, had multiple pools, helicopter landing pad and hangar, 11 acres of land etc etc

why would anywhere in Watford be so stupidly expensive ?

Indeed!

Just imagine what you could buy for that amount in like, Manchester!

;)

Associate
WOW, i'm so glad I don't live anywhere near London. Where I live £875,000 gets you this massive house,

Much Better.

I know which I would rather have.

On a serious note, I would not buy that house for one reason and one reason only, and that is because it has a shared driveway, and from past experiance it doesn't matter how much or little you paid for a house, if you end up with useless neighbours, then it will be a friction point until you sell the house. I know many people who have had issues over shared driveways, and there are a number of internet forums, dedicated to helping people with neighbour issues.

So I wouldn't leave it to chance, and would dismiss the property instantly.

Also someone above said pick up your friends due to the lack of parking, Where is the fun of that, are you not going to drink everytime you have friends over, just so you can drive them home and the end of a night, I know I wouldn't.

Just some advise from an existing homeowner.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom