Would you buy this house ?

Associate
OP
Buy a normal 200k house somewhere else and forget work or at least commute.

Buying a house in London that you actually like is the hobby of multi millionaires. Don't even try it.

850k for a house. It's idiots like you that cause house prices to be so high. :mad: :p

Well actually, I am in a very stable job, and there is no way I would give it up, therefore we are sort of forced to live locally.

And the idiots that have caused house prices to rocket are more than likely the BTL crew, not people like myself.

R

mehul

Soldato
That kitchen is horrendous. Don't buy. Just don't.

EDIT: How on earth are houses in Watford that expensive? I don't know the town but I didn't think it had a great rep. Compare houses to where I live in Ealing (zone 3, 10mins to Paddington, 30mins into central London, very good schools and reputation) and it seems bonkers. You can get huge 4-5 bedroom houses in Ealing for that money, 10mins walk from the Tube, in a lovely quiet residential area surrounded by parks. :confused:

For example; http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...pPropertyId=25275790&mapType=Map&fromMap=true

And the idiots that have caused house prices to rocket are more than likely the BTL crew, not people like myself.l
Well said.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Soldato
A house near me sold for that money a couple of years ago, had multiple pools, helicopter landing pad and hangar, 11 acres of land etc etc

why would anywhere in Watford be so stupidly expensive ?

agreed watford is over priced and a horrible area to live in, check places such as St Albans or berkhamsted for that price ;)

the link below is a friend i used to work for who is selling his house. The area is STUNNING and his house is VERY nice (might be worth a look?)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=128111170536607

Last edited:
Soldato
The house in the OP is nicer, imo ;s. Of "yours" and "his", I'd go with "his" (that's taking in account the price difference).

Seriously! :eek:
Each to their own I suppose.
Admitedly the finish on the OP is sublime.
£90,000 is a hell of a lot of home improvements and you'd easily be able to equal if not surpass the spec of the original.

Soldato
Sorry, should have pointed out the estate agents literature is wrong - the road is called Hempstead Road, in Watford - not hemel hempstead.

Would not pay 850k in hemel !

R

mehul

Might be worth looking in Aylesbury area like Stoke Mandeville. The Hempstead Road is very busy. I live down the road in Chesham and would recommend looking in Amersham, Chartridge, Berkhampstead, Beaconsfield, Weston Turville, Aston Clinton.

Last edited:

TMP

TMP

Associate
This is what you'd get for around that price where I live.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/4577121

Map

Seems like a little amount of house for the large amount of money your paying mate.

But then as it has been said, I don't live within commuter distance of London and have to make do with The English Riviera and all its stunning coastline and beaches.

You're joking right? you would have to travel quite far out of Torbay to see any 'stunning coastline and beaches' ;)

Soldato
Location Location Location.... ... .., even if I was in the position to pay 850K I would seriosusly be considering a commute, unless Watford has transformed miraculously since I last visited 10 years ago then it's only selling point is that it's close to London.

I can guarantee you it's still a dump. People that live there pretend differently. I go there for shopping at least once a month seeing it's close(ish) to where I live in North London, and thank my lucky stars I don't have to live there.

Soldato
Can't believe how much prices have changed in ealing over the last 10 years or so - not surprising I guess but still - this house was my grandparents place and when they moved out to get a flat they sold it for I think about half the price it's being sold for now!

Granted it has been completely re-vamped inside!

/But yea I wouldn't like to fork out that much for a place either but when needs must!

Keep looking mate and see what else is on offer maybe for less that you could spend a little money doing up the way you want :)

TMP

TMP

Associate
I shall treat that comment with the contempt it deserves! :p

Not as far as you'd have to travel.

I grew up in Torquay, not far from the house you posted.

Maybe i treat the area with a little contempt, however I do think there are much more stunning coastlines in the British isles than that of Torbados :D

Back
Top Bottom