Would you buy this house ?

Soldato
nice house that looks like its finished to a high standard, hence price. Also the location.

I certainly would not pay that to live on a main road though :( shame.

For that money i would want .5 an acre garden with the house in the middle ;)

Associate
I live in Bushey, half a mile from Watford and know the area well. It is expensive because of the train route through the area, being able to get into London Euston in 20 minutes, running every thirty minutes, back and forth, from 5am to 2am comes at a premium. You are also situated right next to the M1 and the M25. Outside of rush hour I can drive to central london in approx 30 minutes aslong as there are no major traffic jams, or hop on the M1 and into the midlands in a similar time.

I used to live in north London until just under a year ago when I moved here and love it, feels like being out in the sticks for someone born and bred in London. The town centre has a large shopping centre too.

Also, Hempstead Road is the most expensive road in Watford and has lots of nice properties, many of which are worth a few times more than the £850k for this one.

Soldato
Buy a normal 200k house somewhere else and forget work or at least commute.

Buying a house in London that you actually like is the hobby of multi millionaires. Don't even try it.

850k for a house. It's idiots like you that cause house prices to be so high. :mad: :p

LOL forget work? How does he pay the mortgage on this mythical £200k normal house then?

London is mental housing wise though. I'm definitely moving out a bit when I look to buy.

Edit: Having said that, the £300 a month train fare would outweigh some of the mortgage savings...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hempstead Road does indeed have some stunning houses but it also suffers from really bad traffic in rush hour and on Saturdays. I have been in jams for ages along there.

It would be a good idea to look further up the A41, maybe one of the villages?? Aylesbury is awful and I wouldn't suggest it, but a major benefit of living in Bucks is the fact that we still have grammar schools, so the education is good.

Associate
OP
Would love to, but can't really be more than about 15-20 mins from work due to cover/rota reasons. Watford is about as far out as I can go. And have to drive also, can,t use the train etc as need my car at work.

Mehul

Back
Top Bottom