Moving from ATX to SFF

Soldato
I've been thinking about the move recently as I use my PC for movies/music.

At the moment I have an E7400, ATX mobo, 4GB PC8500, TRUE120 and Corsair PSU and a 4350 I believe and a PCI soundcard.

I wish to keep the CPU, RAM and souncard and obviously want to keep it as cheap as possible.

Any ideas on what I could do??? Thanks :)

Associate
Da Box 100 and a G35 board and you're set. Petty the case will cost so much, but you can keep your TRUE120 :D

Depends how small you want to go and what sort of case you want it in - HTPC, M-ATX box, Mini-ITX?

Caporegime
What's the sound card? What speakers are you connected to?

Mini-ITX or M-ATX? If you go mini-ITX you won't be able to keep the soundcard.

Is size a problem? Case will define what you'll be able to do really.

Associate
Sell it all except the memory, buy a Zotac Ion FE motherboard (£120). Just remember to install the Shark007 codec pack.
That will give you a pci-e slot to play with if you really want a soundcard in there. Otherwise buy a pci-e tuner card and you have a nice little media center. Case wise it is up to you. Have a look at the Antec ISK 310-150
ISK310-150_Q.jpg

I think it is quite a pretty little case

Mushii

Soldato
OP
I had a look at the DA box - but it is too much. I'm kind of leaning toward the Silverstone GD05 - I will be able to keep everything except the TRUE, which not too painful of a change.

I can't remember what exact soundcard - but I bought it to use with Dogbert's drivers (CMI8738 based) and have it hooked up to my AV with optical.

Graphics wise - as long as it supports 1080P on the hardware rather than the CPU then that is fine....I don't play games on it, but watch MKV's etc.

It looks like all I need is a good micro ATX mobo that supports 45nm C2D's.

Back
Top Bottom