Problem With MAC Address Filtering and O2 Wireless Box 2

Soldato
Hey all,

I'm having a problem with my newly installed O2 Wireless Box 2.

If I enable MAC address filtering by selecting 'new stations are allowed (via registration)', my main PC can't connect to my WLAN no matter what I do. Everything else is fine and connects no problem (laptop and mobile phone).

If I disable MAC filtering by selecting 'new stations are allowed (automatically)', it's fine. I'd rather have MAC filtering switched on obviously, but can't really without resolving this issue.

My main PC appears under 'home network', and I can't see any exceptions against it that should prevent it from working with filtering on. I had no issue with my last router (Netgear DG834G).

???

Any thoughts?

Associate
It's a good idea if you want to control access to your network and restrict devices which may have previously been allowed on, but probably not a lot of use at home. If you've got strong encryption (WPA-AES or WPA2 with a strong pass phrase) then you've got all the security you need.

Associate
On the Wireless configuration page, select 'Search for Wireless devices'. This will enable the MAC registration for about 20 seconds. At this point get your wireless devices to connect to the access point.

Back
Top Bottom