Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Man of Honour
Just got mine up and running. This thing is a beast and is going to take some getting used to after 2.5yrs with my Belinea 10-19-27 at 1280x1024. :D

Got it wall mounted and using brightness at 45, contrast at 75 and RGB on 75 each. Look's great, no dead pixels, no backlight bleed. Will have a fiddle with the settings properly tomorrow as i am going to see what gaming is like now. :D

Soldato
OP
Just got mine up and running. This thing is a beast and is going to take some getting used to after 2.5yrs with my Belinea 10-19-27 at 1280x1024. :D

Got it wall mounted and using brightness at 45, contrast at 75 and RGB on 75 each. Look's great, no dead pixels, no backlight bleed. Will have a fiddle with the settings properly tomorrow as i am going to see what gaming is like now. :D

welcome to the club dude, im that please im thinking of getting 2 more for some eyefin action hmmm

Associate
liking the sound of this screen, was looking at the iyama but stumbled accross this thread,

I want this screen solely for Gaming, PS3 , 360 and PC

Im going from a 226bw, as it seems are most, i am very happy with the response time on the sammy, and i knowits stupid but i'm a tiny bit worried about going from 2ms to 3ms, pathetic eh?

but seriously do any of you guys play fps/racing at a competitive level etc and does this screen have any noticable lag?

fingers on the order button, just would lkek to hear some gaming experinces!

Associate
HANNS-G ARE BRILLIANT

Hi I also succummed to these hanns-g 28inch monitors and I am very very impressed and happy with this hanns-g 28inch monitor.
For the price pont you just cannot get better for this large size at 28inch!
The picture was excellent right out of the box!
All the games I've tried such as Crysis and Fallout 3 look mega amazing to my eyes after coming from a 19inch BenQ monitor!
There was no ghosting with blacks into greys etc and movies look the way there meant to be watched!
As you can tell I'm very happy having bought this HZ281HPB Hanns-G monitor.
I took afew photos to post hope they uploaded ok for your viewing.Also included are a few photos of my newest self build PC Computer it is an Intel 920 with an ATI 4870 GPU card cooled with an MTEC TEC CPU Cooler.
USE1.jpg
[/IMG]
MONITORSCOMPARED.jpg

CASESIDE3.jpg

CASEOK1.jpg

CASESIDE1.jpg

Associate
I'm tempted by this screen... however what is the picture/colour quality like?

I've had an LG (temporarily) a few years ago, and the screen was terrible, had to send it back and bite the 'restocking' fee imposed by ********. I now have the DGM 24" from OC bought 2 years ago and the picture quality is fantastic, rock solid. Unfortunately I need to claim warranty repair on it as I have the vertical lines appearing occasionally, but was considering a replacement upgrade for the main PC to larger screen.

I'm a web developer, so picture quality is important.

Thanks

Associate
Obviously the colours won't be as accurate as an IPS panel but I would be very surprised if they didn't at least match what you are getting on your Digimate (DGM) screen, as long as it isn't one of their VA panels.

If you've read the other posts in this thread then you will probably have noticed some common observations:

Switching on for the first time...
- Very bright
- Colours a bit washed out

After fiddling about with the colour settings and some calibration tools....
- Colours significantly better. As good as the old Samsung 226BW "S" panel.

Last edited:
Soldato
if this new hanna-g monitor is similar to the hannspree monitor then the colour accurate is crap tbh

my Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS 27" does a lot better compared to my Hannspree 28"

Last edited:
Associate
my Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS 27" does a lot better compared to my Hannspree 28"
I admitted in an earlier post that I would have bought the Iiyama B2712HDS if it had a resolution of 1920x1200 instead of 1920x1080. For me, the higher resolution was more important than having slightly better colour accuracy.

If you're happy with 1920x1080 then you should seriously consider the Iiyama.

Soldato
I took the plunge and received mine today. Couldn't be happier excellent quality definately worth the money, if your thinking seriously about this monitor just buy it you won't be dissapointed :D:D

Back
Top Bottom