Solid screen

Associate
Looking for a solid picture for web design and movies

Hi All... I'm looking for a suitable 27" screen (or there abouts) to replace my current screen which is a DGM 24" from OC bought 2 years ago.

I'm a web developer, so picture quality is important. The screen is also used for movies, but not games.

The picture on the DGM is solid, no flicker, good uniform colours and quality. I've tried an LG before, and the screen showed different brightness/colour shades end to end, and was no good whatsoever. The DMG I have is perfect, the colour and brightness was the same top to bottom, left to right.

I was looking at Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5", but also Iiyama ProLite B2712HDS 27" however the resolution is a little less than the Hanns.G which discourages me.

If anyone has previously used the DGM 24" that OC was selling a few years ago, and can compare the picture quality to the Hanns.G, please let me know.

Or is there an alternative? my budget does not go as far as the two Dells in the store, but I am looking for a suitable screen ;)

Many Thanks

Rob.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you’re serious about colour uniformity you shouldn’t be looking as Haans.G TN displays and should be checking out the new HP 30” in the other thread.

What sort of money are you looking to spend?

Soldato
Is that the 24in VA panel DGM that OCUK had in for crazy prices a while ago?

If so, then I suspect that you will be wanting to stick with a VA or IPS panel. The HannsG and Iiyama you mention are both big, but they only use TN panels - so in terms of image quality and viewing angles - your current DGM will be better than them. This article explains the differences between the panel technologies quite well.

With this in mind, you probaly need to see the prices of the non-TN 27in screens as they stand today. For the Dell 2709W (which uses the same resolution as your current one, but is 3inches bigger) used to cost ~£550 earlier this year (I believe it is EOL now). The current Dell 27in is the U2711 - which has uses a wonderful H-IPS panel, has a huge resolution of 2560x1440, but It does come at a cost of £888.

Bottom line - for this size and quality, monitors are crazy expensive as the demand is reasonably low.

Perhaps you could add a second 24in 1920x1200 non-TN screen to your current one and run it in a dual screen arrangement. In terms of screen real estate and total number of pixels - this is far more than even a single 30" screen. This HP is a good price, uses a good quality eIPS panel and seems to be a good git of kit (here is a review).

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies... yes it was the VA panel.

Budget wise, I can can do up to £400 ex VAT, perhaps another 24" would do. To have two (which I have thought about), I'd need a dual head card. I did have one, but it failed on me so had to put in a cheapy as I never used the feature.

Back
Top Bottom