NEW CORSAIR PROFESSIONAL SERIES™ GOLD AX HIGH PERFORMANCE POWER SUPPLIES - PRE ORDER

Soldato
I paid £140 for a silverstone 850w thats lasted build after build so compared to every other part of the rig thats been upgraded over and over the PSU was a good buy. £180 imo is nothing if it lasts 5 years or more.

Soldato
OP
A PSU is the heart of your machine. It pumps (excuse the pun) all the power that your components need. You really want it to work flawlessly.

Having a dicky ticker is prob the worst thing to have wrong with you, same goes for PC.

Soldato
I paid £140 for a silverstone 850w thats lasted build after build so compared to every other part of the rig thats been upgraded over and over the PSU was a good buy. £180 imo is nothing if it lasts 5 years or more.

I agree with this, I bought a Tagan 580w for about £135 back in 2004/5 and still run it to this day. Gonna upgrade to one of these gold series PSU's though soon, probably the 850w, the 750w seems pointless as there is only £20 price difference for an extra 100w.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't get me wrong they look great, and the reviews are good too but you can get a 750W Seasonic for much less I can't see why many power users would go it. Only difference is that you get 2 extra warranty years.

Man of Honour
Eek would rather spend a tad more and get the koolance water-cooled 1300w

Any idea what db are these? Why does equipment still not come with volume levels. They should also agree on a set distance for the test.

Soldato
There are plenty of reviews out which discuss noise levels on these psu's if you google it. The watercooled koolance sounds good but of course you need watercooling :)

Blue leds are tacky to some people and pointless if you have the psu on the bottom of the case with the fan sucking air in.

750w isn't enough for a lot of people with multi gpu setups. 1200w is recommended by Sapphire for 2 5970 4gig toxics, 1kw for 2 gtx 480's etc..

Last edited:
Associate
Have had an AX850 fitted in my system for 3 days now.

Absoloutely perfect, quiet as hell, cool(ish) to the touch when under load.

All you can really ask for from a PSU!

I did expect it to be bigger than my old HX620, I mean look at the difference in box size!

dsc0275y.jpg

Hardly a difference :p lol

dsc02752o.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why don't anyone make psu's with blue leds anymore?

We currently have in stock a Corsair 600W PSU which has a Blue LED fan which can be switched on or off that we use for system builds. If you call our sales team and ask for one we can sell you one over the phone :)

We are not allowed to list it on the website for sale though.

Associate
Have had an AX850 fitted in my system for 3 days now.

Absoloutely perfect, quiet as hell, cool(ish) to the touch when under load.

All you can really ask for from a PSU!

I did expect it to be bigger than my old HX620, I mean look at the difference in box size!

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3710/dsc0275y.jpg[IMG]

Hardly a difference :P lol

[IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2108/dsc02752o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

High res photo is high res :|

Are these really worth the money?

/Johnathan

Associate
High res photo has been sorted!! haha.

Ermmmmmm, not really sure.

Completely modular is a useful thing, so you can fit the unit, and then the cables afterwards. Other than that I dont see the point in it.. I mean everyone needs a 24pin plug right? Meh, bit of a gimmick!

Associate
You're not wrong there, money spent on a quality PSU is unlikely to be a waste, could say the same about monitors too.

Caporegime
A PSU is the heart of your machine. It pumps (excuse the pun) all the power that your components need. You really want it to work flawlessly.

Having a dicky ticker is prob the worst thing to have wrong with you, same goes for PC.

Which many far cheaper PSU's from quality manufacturers already do.

These PSU's are tech demos, and the price is completely unjustified for 99% of systems. However that probably won't stop people buying them, or the OCUK hype machine from telling everyone they need one. This thread is most amusing.

Soldato
OP
But our sales show that they are selling well, so people are buying them. Plus if you have one of these at for example £40 more than another good branded model, if you was to keep it for years then you would save more than £40 on lecky.

Back
Top Bottom