Importing cigars?

Soldato
I've always bought my cigars in the UK but am looking to get some from the US, they seem to be a lot cheaper.

I'm just wondering what sort of hammer the government will hit me with on import duty, it's about $210 worth of cigars in total, a box of 25.

Associate
You'll be looking at about £40 duty, which seems to be 26% on tobacco, then another £30 on top for vat. You may have to pay excise as well, i don't know how they calculate that though.

Associate
I've always bought my cigars in the UK but am looking to get some from the US, they seem to be a lot cheaper.

I'm just wondering what sort of hammer the government will hit me with on import duty, it's about $210 worth of cigars in total, a box of 25.

I had a charge for 19 singles that cost ~ £60. 40 for the tobacco + VAT + handling. Luckily the postie delivered the package instead of the little red note.

Soldato
Swiss websites. They don't declare the packages properly so they usually always get through customs.

LOL
Yes, because customs always believe what is written on the outside don't they?
Do you know how much trouble the owners of said Swiss website would get into with their own C&E for doing such a thing?

Can't type for toffee
Don
Can anyone recommend a site base in EU?
Lookin at nabbin a few after my mate brought a random assortment over from Switzerland.

Actually thinking about it any decent stores to buy from and I can just send him lol

Back
Top Bottom