BBC presenter sacked for demanding non-Asian driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
exactly, its not like he lost money from it. would be interesting to find out what taxi firm actually then picked the kid up

haha, your last few posts are repeating what iv said and a few people decided to nitpick about, he may have lost money, which lets face it would be at most a £10 fare, so spread that over all the drivers for that firm, its negligable.
But yes, he hasnt been assaulted, whoop-de-******-woo, I wish the PC crowd would save the racism card for the actual times the discrimination gets out of control etc, as in when theres assaults and what not.

Soldato
did the sikh/turban guys not help fight for that freedom(atleast in 1 war) you are screaming about ?

The Sikhs that fought in the wars were highly commended as being some of the best fighters.

I'm a Sikh and I wear a turban and i've been reading this thread for quite a while but have purposely decided not to get involved in a discussion with many ignorant muppets. I'm glad the silly tart got sacked.

Soldato
I think while it's out of line to ask for a non-asian driver, being sacked for it seems very over the top. A warning would have sufficed. This just shows how integrated positive racism is in our society.

If this was an asian little girl asking for an asian driver they wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

Saying that, this woman is stupid to have called the other woman on the phone uneducated, that remark alone probably caused this to be reported.

Soldato
there is absolutly nothing wrong with her request, the only unacceptable thing is the company published the conversation...

the only issue I have is that white males are most likley to be serial killers so she would be safer to ask for a black driver.. (I dont know about rape stats)

Soldato
How did you even find this? Did you do a search for "racism" in the hopes of kicking off some heated arguments? You can't have just read through every page until you found this.

Soldato
"I'm not racist but" biggest oxymoron ever.

The dippy ***** was racist, she just didn't trust an asian guy, judging him by his race. It doesn't matter whether you're black, white, gay, staight or a transexual chinese guy with an afro and a big nose. They are a taxi driver by trade and all do the same job.
Working for the BBC makes you not racist now? Thats new.

The kids gotta meet an asian person at some point in her life, why not now?
Mummys suburban circle of white folks doesn't fit into that I guess.

Good that the BBC sacked her, racists should be named and shamed. It's unacceptable in a civilised society to act that way, downright disrespectful.

Soldato
Racism is really big in this country but not in many others. If the same request was made in Japan, the women probably wouldn't have been sacked, infact the taxi firm probably would have complied or declined but with another reason. The asian taxi driver may or may not have heard this and not cared a bit.

I put all of this down to how badly race preference is regarded in the community. if as extreme as UK, then people with preferences are judged badly, and therefore those with views have to take extreme sacrifice if they were to express them selves.

HOWEVER, even those without views now have to take care of even what they think and say, we now live in fear because it is way to biased. And its all down to how badly racism is regarded.

Do discuss further,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom