ASUS P6T DELUXE OC PALM EDITION INTEL X58 MOTHERBOARD ONLY £119.99 INC. VAT

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
this was my first X58 board

I still regard it as one of the best clocking boards I have owned.

it does everything bar Sata6/USB3 which, lets face it, Nobody actually needs

shame I killed it :o

Associate
Reading some of the reviews of this board, if this is the full package it's an absolute steal, considering the v2 boards were effectively a downgrade (had the SAS ports removed to save money), plus you can get a usb3/sata6GB/s add-on card for the price difference between this and the lowest priced latest x58 boards.

Associate
My ram timings are, 7-7-7-24, ocz reapers, idle temps are 40-35-40-35, loads top out at 76-71-71-69 under LinX, havent tried 4.2 yet, as im probably on the limit of cooling with my thermalright ultra extreme.

Nice low timings that. what's the command Rate @ 1T, 2T ?

Cheers mate.

Reading some of the reviews of this board, if this is the full package it's an absolute steal, considering the v2 boards were effectively a downgrade (had the SAS ports removed to save money), plus you can get a usb3/sata6GB/s add-on card for the price difference between this and the lowest priced latest x58 boards.
Whats the SAS ports for then ?

Last edited:
Associate
Whats the SAS ports for then ?

SAS is Serial Attached SCSI - allows you to run high performance 10k or 15k rpm SCSI drives in RAID. Bit of an expensive option, wouldn't have thought many non-enterprise users would consider it over an SSD solution. Presumably that's why ASUS took them off the v2 boards to shave a bit off the total cost.

Apparently, however, as SAS is backwardly compatible with SATA you can run standard SATA drives on it anyway - or just disable it in the BIOS. So the way I see it, at the very least you're getting a couple of extra SATA ports thrown in for free.

Associate
SAS is Serial Attached SCSI - allows you to run high performance 10k or 15k rpm SCSI drives in RAID. Bit of an expensive option, wouldn't have thought many non-enterprise users would consider it over an SSD solution. Presumably that's why ASUS took them off the v2 boards to shave a bit off the total cost.

Apparently, however, as SAS is backwardly compatible with SATA you can run standard SATA drives on it anyway - or just disable it in the BIOS. So the way I see it, at the very least you're getting a couple of extra SATA ports thrown in for free.

Thanks for clearing that up :) good to know i can use my sata drives in there.

Cheers.

Fel

Fel

Associate
Did you wonderful people get anywhere close to putting these in a OC package?

Or would someone like to put together a package on the lines of

ASUS P6T DELUXE OC PALM EDITION INTEL X58
I7 920 @ 4.00Ghz
6Gb (3 x 2) new OCZ Reaper C6 (or Patriot Viper / Corsair)
Prolimatech Megahelms Rev B (plus decent fan) or Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator CPU Cooler
Corsair 700D / Lian Li A71B
650W Modular PSU (pref Seasonic / Antec)
HIS iCooler V Turbo ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card (or Asus) - (may drop down to 5850)
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
SATA 24x SATA DVD±RW

(Have mouse / keyboard and Windows 7 Ultimate Retail ready to install and will decide whether to upgrade monitor later)

Associate
Hmmmm.... My 1366 build is way off in the future but I'm so tempted to get one of these now and hold onto it... or maybe prices will come down in a few months anyway...

Soldato
OP
Hmmmm.... My 1366 build is way off in the future but I'm so tempted to get one of these now and hold onto it... or maybe prices will come down in a few months anyway...

Costs have been going up actually due to dollar rate. You will not get a board with this many features on for this kind of price for quite some time.

This was just a case of Asus wanting to get rid of some stock so we snapped it up and got it. :)

Caporegime
Costs have been going up actually due to dollar rate. You will not get a board with this many features on for this kind of price for quite some time.

This was just a case of Asus wanting to get rid of some stock so we snapped it up and got it. :)
And you got a great deal mate on theese boards, (as will customers), one of the best clocking x58 boards for an absolute bargain price, another great deal from ocuk.:)

Back
Top Bottom