Corsair H50 or Thermalright Venomous X

Permabanned
Hi,

Looks good! How did you get the i5 to 210 bus speed without it overclocking the memory too much? If i put the bus at 200 and multiplier at 20 my 1600 memory is at 1600hz , but if i put the bus to 210 it makes it more and wont boot?

Sorry to hijack the thread

Matt

Associate

I personally think its worth it... Its goof enough to keep your i7/i5 overclcoked @ 4.00GHz - 4.20GHz to stay below 70 degress which is really impressive for an air cooler and it is a much better alternative for the more expensive water cooling setu(not H50)

RBL

RBL

Associate
Using Venomous X with 2x apache black fans.

How did you connect fans to mobo? I got the same set of fans and same cooler and I connected one fant to CPU_FAN header and second to CHA_FAN. Which means front one is working as PWM should (depends on temp), but back one (connected to chasis fan header) is on 100% rpm all the time.

Soldato
Are they good as the Apache fans?

I'm not really sure but the heatsink itself will work well no matter what fan is used. For instance, when I changed from 2 Noctua NF-P12s (1300rpm) to some Coolink SWiF2-120P (1700rpm), there was only a 2.5 degree difference on average. It depends whether you think spending double the price on fans for a few degrees gain will be worth it.

Soldato
How did you connect fans to mobo? I got the same set of fans and same cooler and I connected one fant to CPU_FAN header and second to CHA_FAN. Which means front one is working as PWM should (depends on temp), but back one (connected to chasis fan header) is on 100% rpm all the time.

I have them on a fan controller.

Last edited:
Associate
HI i went for the h50-1 and moded it,got good temps, screenshot below.
thebestb.png

dscf0069b.jpg

C64

C64

Soldato
Has anyone found any reviews of the two new corsair coolers yet ? A50 and A70 i think

Last edited:
Associate
i had a H50 before the VX and the VX dropped loads temps by at least 10oC on my i7 overclocked to 4ghz

How was your H50 setup?

For good fans I would recommend for a balance of noise and CFM either: Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1850 RPM or Sharkoon Silent Eagle (SE or 2000) 120mm. You can always run the fans through PWM cables or a fan controller to dictate the noise or cooling. More information:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/09/28/what-s-the-best-case-fan/1

I am more dibating whether to use Corsair H50 or Coolit ECO ALC: Though having bought the Coolit ALC ECO already kind of gives the game away. It turns out both can do very good cooling jobs with the right setup and high static pressure high CFM fans (Almost identical it seems). More information:

http://www.vortez.co.uk/contentteller/articles_pages/corsair_h50_cpu_cooler_review,10.html

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
I'll say this about a lot of air coolers, they need lapping to perform at their best always the chance you get a dodgy one not flat enough.
Wish they would make them flat is it too much to ask in this day and age ?

fans i would go for akasa vipers apparently very quiet even at top speed

Permabanned
I'll say this about a lot of air coolers, they need lapping to perform at their best always the chance you get a dodgy one not flat enough.
Wish they would make them flat is it too much to ask in this day and age ?

fans i would go for akasa vipers apparently very quiet even at top speed

The VX is designed to be concaved and not perfectly flat :D

Back
Top Bottom