Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Permabanned
Not an amazing encounter, but made me smile when visiting my mother - just a shame the van was there.

3sts.jpg

Man of Honour
Am not impressed with seeing that advert for the R8 Spyder. Aren't Audi aware that if you want your car to be a "supercar" you can't make adverts about it? Pfft.

It isnt there to be a conventional supercar, its a halo car - it exists to raise the profile of the brand and sell yet more S-Line diesels.

Caporegime
Not an amazing encounter, but made me smile when visiting my mother - just a shame the van was there.

Asbo central. :p

I thought the st 500's all came with stripes over the roof? Been looking at some online and there seems to be some with them or without stripes, others either do or dont have an st500 badge on the back (some just say st), and some seem to be missing the badge on the inside in front of the gearstick saying "1 of 500". :confused: I thought the 500 range were all identical with the exception of number of doors as an option.

Soldato
Asbo central. :p

I thought the st 500's all came with stripes over the roof? Been looking at some online and there seems to be some with them or without stripes, others either do or dont have an st500 badge on the back (some just say st), and some seem to be missing the badge on the inside in front of the gearstick saying "1 of 500". :confused: I thought the 500 range were all identical with the exception of number of doors as an option.

The stripes were optional, the main thing was black paint and red leather.

Caporegime
The stripes were optional, the main thing was black paint and red leather.

Yeah the ones ive been looking at all have the red leather\black paint, seen some people on the st forums say that the car should have the internal numbering badge behind the gearstick. From what ive seen though that appears to be hit or miss, and the ones that have it all say 1 of 500.

Permabanned
Indeed, you didn't have to have the stripes, I also imagine some people bought the ST500 second hand and later removed them also.

That said, if it doesn't have the ST500 badge on the back it either isn't one or has been rear ended (it was very difficult until recently to get the ST500 badge - even now you have to prove you own one).

If it doesn't have the internal plaque either, it almost certainly isn't one IMO.

IIRC, The same seats were fitted to a run of Mondeos, so its possible that they are easily obtainable.

Caporegime
Indeed, you didn't have to have the stripes, I also imagine some people bought the ST500 second hand and later removed them also.

That said, if it doesn't have the ST500 badge on the back it either isn't one or has been rear ended (it was very difficult until recently to get the ST500 badge - even now you have to prove you own one).

If it doesn't have the internal plaque either, it almost certainly isn't one IMO.

IIRC, The same seats were fitted to a run of Mondeos, so its possible that they are easily obtainable.

Heres an example of one from a ford dealership;. Looks the part but missing the st500 badge and internal plaque.

http://www.usedcarsni.com/35293018?grtkey=1276549030_f6249142429497623e72d954ee56b6be

Permabanned
Hrm, no mention of the auto lights/wipers but the rest of the spec seems to check out. The other thing is that its listed as 2007, when AFAIK the ST500 wasn't released until 1/1/2008.

I've also noticed the centre caps are different - maybe its an Irish thing.

Caporegime
Hrm, no mention of the auto lights/wipers but the rest of the spec seems to check out. The other thing is that its listed as 2007, when AFAIK the ST500 wasn't released until 1/1/2008.

I've also noticed the centre caps are different - maybe its an Irish thing.

Begorrah :p

Dodgy though, i suppose since its a ford dealership theyre bound to have info on what it is. Just strange ive seen so many variations either with or without the back "st500" badge or internal plaque. Some guy on the st forums mentioned that some of the cars are fitted with the standard st badge on the back and theres some number you have to give to ford that they can look up to get you a 500 badge...bit odd if thats the case that they wouldn't just fit it at the factory. :confused:

If anything it just seems that theres a few st's knocking about that aren't 500but have most of the 500's traits, possibly to increase the value a bit seeing as theres only 500 of them.

Back
Top Bottom