• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this the most bias Nvidia review ever?

Soldato
OP
LoL yeah, that and the fact they bench one crap game that has been shown to favor Nvidia hardware, oh and that ever so popular stone giant benchmark :rolleyes: along with heaven both favor Nvidia, they also run one resolution, meh just another site to go on my blacklist.

With a few revisions I imagine the GTX 470 will easily outperform the HD 5870 and quite possibly the super HD 5870 like the Gigabyte SuperOverclock and MSI Lightning
:o

Last edited:
Soldato
Its all very confusing.

Iv been looking at the 5870 vs the 470 since the 470 was released.

One review says the 5870 is better another the 470.

Most layman's like your selves say the 5870....

Personally I have choosen to skip both of them, and just gona wait for the hd6000 series, as Im not happy to pay £300 for oldish tech (now) and for a graphics card, who's tesselation could be better.

Associate
this was an extremely biased benchmark, don't let it confuse you at all. For raw performance the 480 is on top but with drawbacks it eats power like no tomorrow and has a lot or reported heat issues which makes sense more power=more heat.

the 5870 has the edge over the 470, yes some games take full advantage of Nvidia hardware so naturally in the small pick of games the 470 would be better but thats few and those few were the only games shown in the benchmark to further show that the review was biased towards Nvidia.

To further top it off the 470 has those same problems as the 480 power and heat. For the people who don't care about heat and power usage and want the best card get the 480 however the 470 is a waste of a card as your better of getting the 5870 its a better card and a bonus is its low power usage.

Permabanned
Wow trust you to find this Raven.... you Nvidia hater.... ;) I think nvidia have a hired a hitman to take you out because of all your negativity you have been spouting towards them... LMFAO

But on a serious note that review is a complete joke, who would take a 470 over a 5870 anyway?

Not me thats for sure.

The only reason to get a 470 is if you get 2 and sli em as scaling on nvidia hardware this gen is astonishing.

Back
Top Bottom