Which charities (if any) do you donate to?

Soldato
I did 4-8 hours a week at the Samaritans for 3 years.

Was a member of the CND for a year, then realised it was pointless :p

I used to donate to Scope and Oxfam, but they started taking the **** calling up every couple of months and telling me what they'd done with the money - then asking for increases to my DD each month. One was a tenner and one was fifteen quid, cheeky gits. Cancelled them both.

Associate
Aidis Trust - they help disabled people use computers.

Volunteered in 2007 and walked Hadrian's wall in under 72 hours (84 miles). We raised about £7,000.

I give bits of old computer to them as well.

Soldato
We do dress down Fridays at work for charity so I do it through that and the charity changes each year so we are currently split between NSPCC and this lady a colleague knows who re-homes stray dogs. (as shes not registered we picked NSPCC to split it with)

And I always donate clothes etc to charity and put change in the tins when anyone is in town

Soldato
Amnesty international £10 a month
Greenpeace £5 a month
Oxfam £5 a month

When I had more time I used to do a lot of volunteer work collecting donations for amnesty as well.

Soldato
Currently, none.

However, once I can sort it out I want to donate on a regular basis to TCT. I plan to link it with my business profit on an annual basis where possible.

The reason being is my girlfriend had cancer, before I knew her. She has told me about the fantastic work that they do, along with the Youth Cancer Trust. I know this sounds cliché but I'm extremely grateful for the support they gave her throughout her treatment - without it she might not be here today and I may have never met her.

Associate
£10 Greenpeace
£10 Friends of the Earth
£10 British Red Cross
£10 Great Ormond Street Hospital

I'm a PhD student, so not on a huge amount of money monthly, and yet I was still heavily cajoled into giving to Save the Children.... I actually hate the street charity people, it's so hard to say no!

Back
Top Bottom