New DGteam Firmware (DG834GT)

Associate
With the mention of people hosting various versions of the firmware themself, should I not use the one from DGTeam website? What is the best version to go to?

Soldato
With the mention of people hosting various versions of the firmware themself, should I not use the one from DGTeam website? What is the best version to go to?
Well do not use the latest firmware for a start :D
Unless you are a gambler that is
1018 023o is probably ok
I would use something like 1012 personally unless you want to risk bricking the router
Just my opinion of course,the dgteam have done great work in the past but i feel that this last release is too buggy and should have had a lot more work done to it before it was released

Associate
OP
Agreed. 1014 bricked a few routers (I think I'm probably the only person actually using it now :p), 1018 added the new adsl drivers (o26) but bricked even more routers although un-bricking/safe flashing is quite simple http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16607842&postcount=153 .

1022 is actually up as a test build but only 026 and it's only a few bytes short of 4 mb. Linux flashing my become more common :)

Soldato
I understand why you don't support older builds, but you need to realise that people are now uploading older builds to rapidshare etc. because they can't find your original links.

give me the links I'll provide to cancel them too
That Steve-O has become a real *****r lately.What an attitude :mad:
Rapidly losing all respect for those guys,and he is still saying there is nothing wrong with the latest firmware

Associate
Has anbody else had an issue with the latest 1018 firmware where it will not save changes to wireless settings? I have tried the 023 and 026 but both are the same.

I am back on the official firmware at the moment and that works fine. I just don't want to keep changing back to 1018 with the risk of it bricking my router...

Soldato
Looks like i got banned from that forum,maybe steve-o don`t like my comments above about him?
If ANYONE else wants the WORKING properly firmware give me a shout and i will keep mailing it out to you lot :)
:p@Steve-o:D

Associate
OP
Heh, I got banned last week for posting an issue on 1014 (which is present in 1018) because it's an unsupported firmware now.

Bit odd but then they use ip bans not account bans which explains why it's almost impossible to ever access the forum from and uni network I've ever used. Considering the state of broadband in the med though, and the fact that most are on dynamic ips, it seems quite an ignorant way of ignoring firmware problems for someone with so much knowledge.

Anyway, can you pm me 1012? I'm not risking this 1022 build I've got =D

Associate
Does DGTeam firmware has any sort of bandwidth monitoring like dd-wrt or tomato? I have looked all over but cannot find that piece of info....and on the official dgteam forums i cannot register...:confused:

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone know if v1018 is stable yet or does it still brick the router apon upgrading, are there any known issues once its been installed?

Associate
Appears to work fine here, only issue I have is sometimes not all devices will show up under "attached devices" though I'm not sure if this occurs in earlier firmwares as well.

Associate
I flashed my DG834GT to the new 1018 firmware (adsl driver 023o). Very happy with the stability so far; I tweaked the SNR margin down to ~3.7dB and gained 15% downstream speed:).

I couldn't get the netgear recovery utility to run under Windows 7 64bit, so ended up booting into Linux and using nftp. The version of nftp available at DGTeam site didn't work (I got an error about headers missing). I don't know if this was due to flashing over the Sky firmware, but I got it working using the instructions here http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,5842.15.html The clear instructions in that link got it working.

Associate
Hi, i got the sky version of this router a few weeks ago and downloaded the DGTeam 1018 firmware, but it has proved very unstable for me and my noise margin has been raised to 9 now. :( Have stuck neatgears latest official firmware on for the time being, but would like to go back to the DGteam one if possible.

I have looked around the internet for the 1012 firmware but have had no luck in finding it. Would someone be able to email me the 1012 firmware?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi, i got the sky version of this router a few weeks ago and downloaded the DGTeam 1018 firmware, but it has proved very unstable for me and my noise margin has been raised to 9 now. :( Have stuck neatgears latest official firmware on for the time being, but would like to go back to the DGteam one if possible.

I have looked around the internet for the 1012 firmware but have had no luck in finding it. Would someone be able to email me the 1012 firmware?

Thanks
Sure just provide an e-mail address

Back
Top Bottom