In need of a new AV setup

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Tesla
Looks good. Does it affect you TV at all?

I mean magnetic interference.

\\Chris

It'll probably be magnetically shielded mate just check on the website he posted the link to. If it is then there shouldn't be any problems at all.

Associate
Originally posted by james.miller
sure it looks good (very good infact) but is it worth twice the price?

Convince me - as im soon going to be purchacing the mission m7 set myself.

It is by far worth twice the price, the M7c1 uses small drivers and a ultra thin tiny enclosure, it does not provide strong enough output compaired to the rest of the M7 speakers.

The M7c2 is a proper speaker with decent enclosure size and larger drivers, it properly matches the other M7 series speakers and blends in far far better.

The center is a very important speaker in a AV setup.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by micb

The center is a very important speaker in a AV setup.

got to say it is probably the most important speaker, as it handles all vocals etc etc.

I didnt know they had done a version 2 mate but would definetly get this one instead even at 2* the price.

Soldato
just read through this thread..

was wondering 2 things :

1.) how come for rear speakers for example get the wires the same length as surely one will be about a metre shorter -> save on extra cable cost ?

2.) so floor standing front speakers def better as all that extra 'air' = more bass ?

Man of Honour
Not really sure why it is better to get speaker cable the same length just know it is. Might have something to do with how far the signal travels possibly causing the speaker to be out of synch (thats probably all horlicks but not really sure just having a guess lol)

and yes floorstanders are generally better they give tighter and more bass as well as a slightly refined treble, this is simply due to the bottom half of the speaker providing good stability reducing vibration etc etc.

If you put bookshelfs on some quality stands (£50+) fill them with sand etc etc then you would probably get much the same effect. But for the price of a decent set of stands you may as well get the floorstanders at the budget level.

Associate
Standmount speakers and a decent subwoofer often (depending on the quality of components used) can be even better than floorstanders on there own.

To be honest I have Mission M73 floorstanders and a nice active subwoofer :)

The Mission M73's are pritty good at bass on there own, depending on the room size and the amount of power applied output is strong to 40-45 hz and then starts to roll off.

With room gain you still get some usable output at 35hz.

Not bad at all for speakers that don't break the bank.

As for cable lengths they make no difference unless you are running very very long runs.

Associate
Originally posted by snow-munki
so the floorstanding speakers is just a normal speaker at the top and a load of 'space' and that's it ?

and u just plonk them on the floor/carpet ?

Not allways.

Floorstanders often use tweeked crossovers and sometimes improved speaker driver units, the larger enclosure size often allows for greater output and freqency extention. (spicificly lower Q for sealed enclosures and lower port tune for vented enclosures).

Floorstanders can be placed on the floor, although it is best to keep tweeters at ear/head hight, to do so in my high seating position I have them on spikes and then on bulky raised stands.

Back
Top Bottom