Where to watch Wimbledon in York?

Associate
I wonder if anybody could recommend a place that will be showing the tennis today in the centre of York. Preferably a decent bar that will not be too busy this afternoon. GF really wants to watch it and I could do with sitting in a bar all afternoon rather than shopping :D

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Although I'm not anywhere near York, I personally think you are going to struggle.

The Tennis clashes with the World Cup too much, which is inevitably what most places will be showing. Perhaps a Sports Bar that has numerous screens might be showing it at the sametime, but I wouldn't imagine you would get sound.

I could understand Tennis being on in a sports type bar if there was nothing much else going on at the time, but it's not really a sport that everyone goes to watch at the pub, so I think you are probably best watching it at home.

Associate
Unfortunately The Terrace is World Cup only... I know because my cousin practically lives there at the moment

Again, you're going to be hard pushed to find anywhere in York showing it, sorry.

Soldato
Surely thats incorrect now , the group games are over , they have about 5 separate feeds going into that place and they can't spare for other sporting amounts ?

Could understand in the group games and England games ..... Ohhh well

Back
Top Bottom