Raw eggs in milkshake?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Does anyone make protein shakes with milk, milk powder and raw eggs any more?

I don't know if I can face the shame in front of my girlfriend with protein powder but could use some calories after my morning cycle into work. I'm thinking an egg in half a pint of milk and some Nesquick etc.

Or do I need to get with the times, man? :p

Associate
Can do if you want, but appart from the VERY slight risk of salmonella (unlikely!) cooking them atleast a little healps with absorption :)

Man of Honour
stop being a girl and get some protein powder if you think you need it :p although theres nothing wrong with raw eggs except as said above the absorbtion of protein will be a bit lower

Last edited:
Associate
That must taste pretty bad!!! The texture of raw eggs is nasty. Wouldn't your GF think you were a bigger weirdo if you eat raw eggs rather than protein shakes. (i personally hate the shakes as they give me bad gas!)

Man of Honour
Nothing wrong with raw eggs, but run them under hot water for a minute. Raw egg white has a protein called avidin that interferes with the absorption of biotin, a B vitamin. Leaving the egg under hot running tap water for one minute is enough to solve this problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom