How much have you spent at OCUK?

Soldato
about £500 for me now i dont care for building pc's. my £480 HP laptop does most things i need, and xbox 360 for xbox live and streaming music/videos.

i would say overclockers are very good priced with most things.

Soldato
Dread to think of it, though driving to stoke was allways nice, till it got plonked on the other side of town.

Like many other things in life though, stupid compulsive behavior that costs you thousands of totaly justified pounds.

Man of Honour
My own computers would be easily £6000+ over the years because I was one of the first customers in Overclockers (nee Millennium Computers).
For friends + workmates I wouldn't be able to put a price on it (£100,000 wouldn't be an exaggeration).

Man of Honour
If I recall correctly, the first thing I bought from OcUK was a K6-2-300 and a motherboard to go with it. Might have been earlier than that - I remember that one because I mis-set a jumper and accidentally overclocked it to 550 and later spilt a pint of fizzy pop on it while it was on and the case was off. If the CPU socket bubbles when you remove the CPU, it's not a good sign :) Surprisingly, it still worked after I washed and dried it.

So, a lot of money over the years. Much less recently, though, as I've stopped thinking "cool new toy, where's my credit card?" and started thinking "have I got the spare money for that and will I actually notice a difference compared to what I have now?"

Back
Top Bottom