Your favourite bike tyre

Soldato
Mine is the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT, good duration for the type of tyre, constant and precise feedback throughout lean angles and straight line speeds. Fantastic grip, simply amazing and most important of all, great centre strip of rubber for those boring motorways :)

I have previously had Bridgestone Battlax BT16's, Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's and Dunlop Maxxis which came on my first Ducati 748.

All of the above were great but nothing special, nothing compared to the 2CT's in my opinion. Your selfs?

ags

Soldato
Had BT014's on the R6, they didnt last long at all. The Buell came with Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's as standard, neither seemed terrible but thats about all my experience with bike tyres.

Associate
I have used a wide range of tyres, Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's used to be my favourite but then i used some Metzeler Racetec and oh boy what a difference........... it was like my bike was wearing a comfy pair of slippers with loads and loads of grip, i have used on track and road and would definatly be my tyre of choice.

Soldato
Avon Storms - awesome wet weather ability (I find most tyres similar in the dry), and after 3k miles still look like new.

Tempted to try Roadsmarts though, and that new Metzeler sport touring tyre is getting good reviews too.

Soldato
Ive tried pretty much every supersports tyre out there and always find myself coming back to Michelins. Pilot Power Race for trackdays and 2cts for the road. My latest steed came shod with Pirelli Diablo's, didnt like them at first but they are growing on me, they will need replacing very soon, was going to stick on a set on the new Pilot Pure's, but I think im going to try out the new Pirelli Diablo Rosso instead.

Soldato
Use 2CTs myself, and find them a great tyre. Instantly felt more confident on the bike when they were fitted, and the responsiveness of them is so much higher than what ever ones I had on before.

Soldato
OP
Use 2CTs myself, and find them a great tyre. Instantly felt more confident on the bike when they were fitted, and the responsiveness of them is so much higher than what ever ones I had on before.

When I first tried the 2ct's after the BT16's, I went for a solo ride along the A33 from Reading town centre as the A33 has some very long and progressive corners, perfect for wearing in new tyres, so anyway, done the trip to Basingstoke and back again, when I got back into Reading, I got to one of my fave roundabout's and started surfing (slap me on the wrist!), gradually leaning lower and lower to see how much these tyres had, knee touched down and had only done about 50 miles on the tyres! So much grip.

ags

Soldato
When I first tried the 2ct's after the BT16's, I went for a solo ride along the A33 from Reading town centre as the A33 has some very long and progressive corners, perfect for wearing in new tyres, so anyway, done the trip to Basingstoke and back again, when I got back into Reading, I got to one of my fave roundabout's and started surfing (slap me on the wrist!), gradually leaning lower and lower to see how much these tyres had, knee touched down and had only done about 50 miles on the tyres! So much grip.

ags

The tyres have helped increase my cornering massively. I'm getting closer and closer to knee down, just I don't get to ride that much during the week or some weekends at the moment, so I've struggled to get out for a long blast with loads of roundabouts to get touchdown heh, but I will get them with these tyres I feel.

Soldato
pirellis have good feel. michelin were called michelin highsides for a reason, unsure if the newer ones have better feel but the old ones were megsa grippy until they went then you crashed! pirellis used to slide more and more forgiving

Soldato
Having read all the reviews I could and tried most of the top tyres suggested on my bikes over the last few years I have to say that Roadsmarts are my favorite even through they are classed as sports touring tyre I stuck them on my superduke too as I liked them so much on my VFR.

They consistently get the best wet weather results in the reviews I've seen (I ride rain or shine), more grip in the dry than I'm capable of using, least squaring off I've ever had, but best of all the handling just gives me the most confidence, especially on the VFR its just a different bike with them on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom