TITAN ONYX INTEL CORE I7 920 D0 2.66GHZ @ 4.00GHZ DDR3 SYSTEM PRICE DROP

Soldato
"Titan Onyx" Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz @ 4.00GHz Quad Core DDR3 System @ £799.99 inc VAT

FS-025-OP_400.jpg

The "Titan Onyx" features an Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz processor overclocked and guaranteed to a stable 4.00GHz. With a high overclock and watercooling the "Titan Onyx" has a complete set of high end features straight out of the box. Everything you could ever want combined into one complete system.

Why Should You Buy This System?
- A guaranteed 4.00GHz performance for the price of 2.66GHz
- ATI Radeon HD 5770 provides DX11 performance
- 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 Triple Channel memory allows faster loading of games and better multi-tasking
- The Corsair H50 watercooling keeps temperatures and noise to a new found low.

System Specification
- Case: Xigmatek Asgard Midi Tower - Black
- Power Supply: OCZ 600w StealthXStream II
- CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz Overclocked to 4.00GHz
- Motherboard: Asus P6T OC Palm Edition Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
- Cooler: Corsair H50 Watercooling w/ Sharkoon Silent Eagle 2000rpm 120mm Fan
- RAM: Kingston HyperX 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel
- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 16MB Cache
- Graphics Card: Club 3D ATI Radeon HD 5770 512MB GDDR5
- Sound: 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

Service Package
- Full 12 Month collect and return warranty
- Each specification is assembled from handpicked components for compatibility and stability
- Telephone, web note and forum technical support

Is this System for You?
The "Titan Onyx" provides fantastic performance unseen at this price before. With all the features you could possibly dream of.

Note - If you would like to make a small change to the specification call our sales team on 0871 200 5052 and they will be happy to help.
The lead time on all pre-built systems is between 24-48 hours.

Was £899.99 Inc. VAT

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Incredible price! You'd struggle to buy the parts for that price, not to mention OCUK doing all the legwork of building and OC'ing... very nice!

I'm trying to choose between a high clocked i7 920 system like this one, or one of the other i7's that runs at a slightly higher stock speed. Can anyone post some CPU benchies to show what you get from one of these at 4GHz?

Thanks. :)

Soldato
OP
Incredible price! You'd struggle to buy the parts for that price, not to mention OCUK doing all the legwork of building and OC'ing... very nice!

I'm trying to choose between a high clocked i7 920 system like this one, or one of the other i7's that runs at a slightly higher stock speed. Can anyone post some CPU benchies to show what you get from one of these at 4GHz?

Thanks. :)

Stock processer speeds don't make a difference once they are overclocked as you will be bypassing the stock speed anyway. The 920 D0 at 4GHz performs the same as the 930 at 4GHz, so there is no real difference. In comparison to the 960 you will get a higher multiplier which makes it easier to acheive a higher clock speed but you can usually acheive the same speed with the 920/930.

It all depends if a few extra multipliers are worth the additional cash.

Associate
Aye, I want to see how the numbers for this at 4GHz stack up against (say) the 965s at stock. As we know, at stock speeds the latter has the slightly faster uncore and bus (6.4 GT/s QPI) - so I wasn't sure which would be better (suppose it would depend how much of the 4GHz is bus OC and how much CPU mult). Also I would love the opportunity to drool over the benchmark numbers if anyone has them for one of these 920s at 4GHz? :D

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
all nehalem chips overclock aroud the same on non extreme cooling.
obviously the unlocked multipliers on the Extreme Edition chips are far more useful under things like Phase Change and Liquid Nitrogen

the max i have ever had out of any nehalem i7 stable 24/7 on conventional cooling is 4.5ghz and that was a 950. i have seen 920s do higher overclocks than 975s etc

it is all luck of the draw.

it is safe to say, that 99% of the D0 chips [920/930/950/960/975] will do 4ghz without breaking a sweat.

when you overclock the chip to around 4ghz you bypass the stock speeds of the extreme editions and things like the increased QPI of the stock Extreme editions make no difference.

essentially any of the chips i mentioned above [920/930/950/960/975] at 4GHz will be the same as eachother.

there are plenty of review sites that will show you a good range of processors and motherboard subsystems testedhead to head

bit tech have two interesting reviews that i tend to link people to

the first is a head to head between the 930 and 920

the second is a review of the i7 980X six core chip. this gives you a range of processors to base your opinions on

its crazy to think that now you can get an entire X58 based system for £800. when i first made the move to i7 my board, chip and memory cost me that!

hope this helps :)

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
no problem at all. hope it helps.

what kind of system are you running at the moment?

i personally moved from a Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4GHz to the i7 when they launched.

i had the old stepping C0 chip which clocked lower than the D0 stepping chips

even at 3.6 the i7 was a massive upgrade especially as i do a lot of video encoding.

Associate
what kind of system are you running at the moment?
The only system I currently have running at home is one I built last year just to run some basic stuff 24/7, and watch films on etc, so the goal was silence and energy efficiency rather than performance. To that end it's got one of those fanless 45W GPU's and 45W 2.5gig dualcore CPU etc, and a couple of 28inch monitors. For power it's nowhere near the same league as an i7 but it plays 1080p movies nicely. :)

The reason I went for a low-power system was that I used to run a high end watercooled rig, but the room it was in has a flat roof and was like a greenhouse in summer - so I figured it would be best not to add too much extra heat. But now I've got a good 4.3kW Aircon installed it's icy cold even today, so I should be able to go back to the old passions of OC'ing and gaming with a vengeance - which is why I was eyeing up this 920 based system. :D

Also running a an 19inch GT330M based laptop for some mild gaming at work, but yeah, no other system here comparable to these. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Quick question about this system. I suggested it to a friend as he doesn't know how to overclock. He has just finished installing Windows and it says it is running at 2.6Ghz. Am I missing something?

Fel

Fel

Associate
System information will show that the processor is i7/920 @2.67GHz. That is what the CPU is rated at - bnot necessarily what it is running at (or capable of running at).

Recommend installing CPU-Z, RealTemp and Prime95.

Running the apps should then show that the CPU is actually running approx 4.0Ghz. Probably with 21x (Turbo Mode) and Hyperthreading enabled. Prime95 should prove that the overclock is stable and realtemp will show that the CPU is not overheating - if it is getting close to 80c then this would be a concern.

Get him to check this and post back his findings. If he is any doubt he should contact O/C support to get them to talk him through any checks.

Caporegime
Was planning on getting him to get CPU-Z but on my W7 system it (my computer properties) shows; C2D 1.86GHz @ 3.15Ghz. Assumed it would do the same on his. Will report back.

EDIT - Also does any one know of a device that comes with the system or more specifically the mobo? He described it as a old school style GPS/Palm device with a display but can't find any info on it? Is it some sort of fan controller?

Last edited:

Fel

Fel

Associate
No this is supposed to be used to help overclocking - think it is a version of the PALM handheld device (hence the name of the mobo).

I was going to buy the same board but wanted USB 3.0 and Sata3 so went for P6X58D-E instead. Actually I nearly bought the same PC but wanted to change too many things and found a CPU/MOBO combo for a bargain somewhere else - but did buy Case, GPU, Heatsink and RAM from Overclockers.

As stated previously - it should be quite apparent that the overclock is working if he runs CPU-Z and Prime95. I would post screeny of my CPU-Z but i have problems uploading images onto the forum for some reason - probably my age :)

Caporegime
Thanks for your help Fel :)

I have told him what to do. Both him (it is for his 11 year old cousin) and I are very jealous of this spec with our Allendales :o. Might have to upgrade in a few months :D.

Associate
hi just arrived here. i`m seriously consider buying this setup, but not sure what the situation is on the graphics card and hard drive, i have a 2tb hard drive not even opened and would rather get a ssd hard drive instead of the 500gb that comes with this and put my own 2tb one in instead. i`m gonna have to phone the oc up, but i`m a bit deaf so not sure how i can get through to them. will try soon, also need to be in when the post it to as well lol.

thinking of getting the Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 GDDR5, with a 40 gb ssd and win 7 pro (as i like to have use of the xp setup.)

will cost me an arm and a leg, but i think it'll be worth it. my old pentium 2.66 ht is old, but still runs but i need something to run a lot of the newish games {still got the old star wars games empire at war etc etc}

Caporegime
Best way around the phone issue is to send a web note. Do you really require an SSD? What about a second 500Gb to put into RAID 0 with the system HD and use your 2Tb as a data drive? Finally, what games and resolution are you going to be playing at? The 5770 is a good card but the 5850/460/470 (can't remember which nVidia it comes with) will hold their own for longer at higher resolutions.

Either way - it is going to be a huge increase from your P2.66 :)

(Welcome to the forums by the way).

Associate
Best way around the phone issue is to send a web note. Do you really require an SSD? What about a second 500Gb to put into RAID 0 with the system HD and use your 2Tb as a data drive? Finally, what games and resolution are you going to be playing at? The 5770 is a good card but the 5850/460/470 (can't remember which nVidia it comes with) will hold their own for longer at higher resolutions.

Either way - it is going to be a huge increase from your P2.66 :)

(Welcome to the forums by the way).
thanks, i have sent a webnote the last time and they told me to phone them up, i know phoning is a lot quicker and you can get the build you want across faster, but either their or mine is really low volume and can hardly hear them.

i got a 2tb hard drive and i got a asus 22" tft VW222S (http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=CouQLH9U96N51ApP)
games i have so far will run at a low res on my own old computer,.
i want a sd so my os loads up faster (boys and their toys :D)
not sure about the graphics card i know a 5850 will blow my budget away, so i`m just wanting a graphics card for some of my older games and any newer ones i might want to buy. the resolutions will be fairly high but as i have a 22" (recently bought second hard) i`m not sure what kind of res i will be getting. not played a game on the computer for a few months now, as it is an aging monster and crashes all the time when i play games.

edit:
kind of annoying i sent another message, and they told me to phone them, but as i`m deaf i can`t understand what the person on the other side of the line is saying. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hi just arrived here. i`m seriously consider buying this setup, but not sure what the situation is on the graphics card and hard drive, i have a 2tb hard drive not even opened and would rather get a ssd hard drive instead of the 500gb that comes with this and put my own 2tb one in instead. i`m gonna have to phone the oc up, but i`m a bit deaf so not sure how i can get through to them. will try soon, also need to be in when the post it to as well lol.

Just send a webnote into sales explaining want you want or sent me and email in my trust and I can sort you out.

Associate
Just send a webnote into sales explaining want you want or sent me and email in my trust and I can sort you out.

lol i gave up and tried to buy a system, now the b******rding bank won`t let me spend my money. seems that they think my card is used for a fraud due to the amount of money i`ve to spend. i`be been on the phone for 1hr+ listen to classic rubbish waiting to hear from someone. shocking isn`t it.

Soldato
lol i gave up and tried to buy a system, now the b******rding bank won`t let me spend my money. seems that they think my card is used for a fraud due to the amount of money i`ve to spend. i`be been on the phone for 1hr+ listen to classic rubbish waiting to hear from someone. shocking isn`t it.

I've had OcUK flagged up as fraud before too. Was only about £600 that order. Just stuck it on anther card in the end, but it was weird as that card has been used at OcUK before.

Maybe the bank learnt that they're in Stoke? :p

Back
Top Bottom