Need some relaxed music

Soldato
Anyone know any good relaxed music, genre doesnt matter im just after something thats mild and that you can literally fall asleep to, peaceful music is guess is the closest word i think of :p

Soldato
Not necessarily to fall asleep to, but most types of reggae are really good for relaxing. Two I'd recommend are Impossible love and Oracabessa Moonshine, by UB40

Here's some other examples:
Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Eine Kleine Nacht Musik - Mozart (most classical music works, just as long as it's from the right period.)
God Only Knows (The beach boys)

This is just the kind of stuff I personally use

Last edited:
Associate
Some suggestions (sorry if its too long :p):

Mazzy Star - psychadelic blues with some beautiful vocals by female vocalist Hope Sandoval. Recommend the albums "Among My Swan" and "So Tonight That I Might See"

Alice In Chains - Known for more heavier albums, their acoustic efforts "Sap" and "Jar Of Flies" are absolutely great pieces of music.

Ulver - Originally started as a black metal band but moved onto more ambient post-rock music in latter albums. Almost avant garde, stunning live and one of the best bands in terms of atmosphere. Recommend "Blood Inside" and "Shadows of the Sun".

Dead Can Dance - Ranging from dark 80s electro to tribal world music, a very unique band that has evolved from the 80s goth music. Recommend "Spiritchaser" with its tribal rhythms are their most chilled out album.

The Dirty Three - 3 piece jazz/alternative intrumental combo from Australia. They frequently collaborate with Nick Cave. Recommend "Ocean Stories" and "Horse Stories".

The Paradise Motel - Another Australian band that uses strings and horns within their music. Recommend "Leftover Life To Kill" EP, "Please Keep Me Safe" EP and "Flight Paths" album.

Beth Orton - Chilled out solo mterial, recommend "Central Reservation" and "Trailer Park"

Delerium - Electronic music with guest vocalists, earlier works were more of a tribal/Enigma vibe but they're more recent efforts are nearing dance. Recommend "Semantic Spaces" and "Karma".

Johnny Cash - One of the best country singers out there, totally made Nine Inch Nail's "Hurt" into his own song and the version most recognised, recommend anything you can find is good.

Cocteau Twins - Dream pop of the 80s and early 90s, Liz frasier's vocals are truly angelic and she featured on Massive Attack's "Teardrop". Recommend "Leaving Las Vegas" and "Victorialand".

Give those a go, would be interested in what you liked or disliked :)

Soldato
It was The Beach Boys that recorded God Only Knows, although Paul McCartney has said that he thinks it is the best song ever recorded, which I think we can all agree is high praise indeed.

I have no idea why I put the beatles. I listen to that song nearly every day, my old noggin is letting me down :(

Back
Top Bottom