Laptop making funny noises!

Associate
Sitting next to me on my desk is my netbook and every now and again the sounds coming from it are like water drops!

I am sure it is the hard drive. I am using Win 7 on the netbook. Could it be the hard drive just updating iteslf all the time? Or faulty HD?

Nothing important on the HD.

Soldato
Do things get choppy on the netbook when the sounds come out? Usually they may start clicking or sound like they are winding up and down if it's the HD is faulty. Download HD Tune (make sure you run the long test) or Seatools and test the hard drive for errors or bad sectors, usually best way to make sure. How often do the noises happen as I am a little stumped as to what can sound like water drops, it wouldn't be a piece of software updating itself and making a little noise to announce that or such?

Associate
OP
No choppy stuff, just the strange sounds!! I did get a message saying no HD detected before win 7 finished installing but pressed retry a couple of times and all went ok!

Soldato
What netbook is it and is it a clean Win 7 install? Most manufacturers tend to ship the netbooks out full of useless software installed so could be one of them making that sound for whatever reason. Slow/choppy performance, reading/writing errors may suggest a failing hard drive, but like I said download HD Tune and/or Seatools and run them to make sure it's not that before we can start looking at other possible causes.

Back
Top Bottom