Hazro - Any Update?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I suppose the only thing I know for sure is that they are releasing 7 screens this year and at least one is an LED screen!

Edit*
They list HZ24WLED info on the website, release date says Late April which obviously not happened as of yet but the specs do look good and a fully adjustable stand - finally!

Last edited:
Soldato
Noooo!

My HZ30 seems to have packed up... :(

It doesn't seem to want to turn itself on at all... I can't get anything other than the blinking green LED (which usually means no signal).

I've had it for 18 months or so... does anyone know what the length of the warranty is with the 30" screen? I'm *hoping* it's just a power pack issue, but I have no way to tell (unless a fellow HZ30W owner happens to be living in or around the Nottingham area by any chance...).

Soldato
Does anyone know if the "Li shin 0227B24130" power adaptor is compatible with the 30" screen?

I know that it's the recommended replacement for the 24s, but is it also suitable for the 30? If not, does anyone know what power supply I should be looking for?

Cheers...

Soldato
Sorry no idea :( I'm on the 24" ;/

Oh well, thanks anyway... Anyone else have any idea?!

I wrote to Hazro ([email protected]) asking if they would send an replacement power supply, but I haven't recieved a reply. On Monday I will write to ask them if there is a third party power adaptor I could buy instead, but I won't be holding my breath for a response.

Is there any way to get in contact with them directly? A telephone number perhaps? I'm stuck on a 5yr old 32" TV at 1280*720 right now... Painful after coming from 2560*1600!

Associate
Does anyone know if the "Li shin 0227B24130" power adaptor is compatible with the 30" screen?

I know that it's the recommended replacement for the 24s, but is it also suitable for the 30? If not, does anyone know what power supply I should be looking for?

Cheers...

Can you post a decent high res picture of the sticker on your old PSU and i'll have a check for you

also which model of the hz30 is yours

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you post a decent high res picture of the sticker on your old PSU and i'll have a check for you

also which model of the hz30 is yours

:o Now I feel like a bit of an idiot...

On the power brick itself it states: Model number: 0227B24130

So, it's exactly the same adaptor as used with the 24". It seems like I can get a new one for about £30, although I will need to wait a month for delivery from Hong-Kong...

It's the original 30" screen, the version based on the dell 3007 type panel.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mick - if I had half a brain I would have checked the label already!

Associate
According to the Hazro web site the original version of the HZ30( 72% gamut) draws 130 watts.
The 0227B24130 is a 130 Watt PSU so its constantly being pushed to the max, which is no wonder its probably failed.
When you are sure the PSU has failed and are going to replace it you'd be a wise man to get a higher rated one. But be care full, not all 4 pin DIN type PSU's have the same polarity on the pins, check and double check before you purchase.
There should be a small diagram on the PSU itself to show the polarity of the pins.

Soldato
Thanks for the info Mick. Yeah, I saw on the label that the max output was 5.42A at 24V (=130W). I was surprised that the screen could operate within this range, so I guess it makes sense that they fail if the power draw is so close to the max for the adaptor.

The only thing that concerns me is that there was no degradation or intermittent activity in the run up to its decline - it was working fine before I went to work, and then it would just not switch on at all when I got home. Would you say that this is typical for an adaptor failure?

Either way I guess that at £30 it's worth a punt anyway. I certainly can't afford to drop £1200 for another 30" 2560 screen right now, and I don't like the idea of downgrading.

I'll keep you guys updated when the replacement power pack arrives :)

edit: As for the polarity, it shows pins 1 and 3 as positive, and pins 2 and 4 as negative. If you could suggest a better power supply than the 130W Li Shen that would be great :)

Last edited:
Associate
Had a quick look round the net
Cant really post a link here, I sent you an email from your trust with the link.

Hasn't necessarily got to be that one but some thing around 7Amps should leave some head room so its not constantly pushing the max.

As for PSU's failing. They just stop, mine for instance just turned off and that was it....dead.

But do check first as it may not be the PSU at fault, don't want you wasting a load of cash.

Soldato
Cheers Mick :)

Looks good... but at twice the price I will probably go for the other one, especially as I can't be sure that the PSU is definitely at fault.

Any simple way to test the PSU? The green LED still comes on, but I guess that doesn't tell me too much... I'm going to take it to work on Monday and check it has a voltage across it. Any easy way to test its current draw?

Associate
The main test you need to do is put it under load.

A couple of car headlamp bulbs in series should put between 100 ~ 130 watts load on the output, if it even lights em up at all.
If it does light the blubs then you can assume the psu is ok

Associate
I have a 26" - from 2 years ago now - and one day the screen wouldn't come on so I turned off the power at the mains, left it for a while then turned it back on and the screen worked! Strange. In the past I used to left the power on at the mains (but off at the monitor), so maybe it can overheat? All is ok for now. I would be interested in buying a spare powerpack if it's easy to obtain one!

Soldato
My new power-pack arrived.

Unfortunately, the screen still will not switch on. I have no idea what I'm going to do now. Hazro will not answer my emails, and I can't afford to buy an equivalent screen as a replacement (which would be inferior anyway).

Not a happy bunny :(

Soldato
So I've been trying to get in contact with Hazro... Unsurprisingly they are ignoring me (email and webnotes).

Does anyone know the physical address of their offices? I want to send a recorded-signed-for letter requesting an RMA...

Back
Top Bottom